corner corner Kidnapped

Kidnapped
by Robert Louis Stevenson | Literature & Fiction
Registered by DameEdna of Monroe Township (Middlesex County), New Jersey USA on 2/4/2010

status (set by LittleWhiteBird): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by DameEdna from Monroe Township (Middlesex County), New Jersey USA on Thursday, February 04, 2010

Great reading by Robbie COltrane.

Journal Entry 2 by DameEdna at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, New Jersey USA on Thursday, February 04, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (2/4/2010 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, New Jersey USA

Receiver of this book - I hope you will enjoy it and make a little journal entry! When you are done with it, perhaps you will send it on its way. Check out bookcrossing - it's a fun community of readers!
Going in an audio book box.

Journal Entry 3 by LittleWhiteBird from Pasadena, California USA on Monday, March 15, 2010

Taken from sp4home's audio bookbox.

Journal Entry 4 by LittleWhiteBird at Pasadena, California USA on Thursday, July 15, 2010

The story was kind of interesting, but not as exciting to me as I had hoped, reading that "Kidnapped is considered by many to be the best book Stevenson ever wrote."
Maybe it was because I had to concentrate so much to understand Robbie Coltrane's accent (he's reading the audio book). Or maybe it was because those settings and names etc. were not really my cup of tea. Somehow, the ending of the story came quite abruptly. While checking out the story online after reading it, I discovered that the book has numbered chapters, it would have helped if they had been announced on the audio version. I discovered in the Wikipedia article about the novel http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidnapped_%28novel%29 that it's set around real events and some of the people portrayed are real people. That in hindsight makes the novel more interesting to me.

Abridged; approximate running time: three hours on two audio cassettes.

Journal Entry 5 by LittleWhiteBird at Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Saturday, July 17, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (7/17/2010 UTC) at Silver Spring, Maryland USA

I'm taking the book to the BC_DC meeting at Tis Cafe in Silver Spring at 1pm..

Journal Entry 6 by LittleWhiteBird at Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Sunday, July 18, 2010

Nobody else at the meeting has a tape player, so I'm going to release it a different way, maybe I'll send it for an audio book RABCK soon.

Journal Entry 7 by LittleWhiteBird at Arlington, Virginia USA on Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (9/7/2010 UTC) at Arlington, Virginia USA

I'm mailing this as part of a Thrift Store Profile Surprise on swap-bot. I know you like books on tape, so I hope you'll enjoy this.