corner corner Guilty Pleasures

by Laurell K. Hamilton | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by innae of Aurora, Colorado USA on 4/18/2010

status (set by lils74): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by innae from Aurora, Colorado USA on Sunday, April 18, 2010

A friend of mine is moving, and so is going through everything. She gave me a stack of books today.

I just recently re-read this (I have it in a collection hardcover - Club Vampyre) -- the copy I just read.

Quite enjoyable, and it is the beginning, when Anita was still so very unsure of herself, even though it seems as she is super confident

Journal Entry 2 by innae at Kathmandu, Kathmandu Nepal on Sunday, April 18, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (4/18/2010 UTC) at Kathmandu, Kathmandu Nepal

Will be getting this book in the mail soon

I decided to just send a few more books off to my INTN'L book/letter exchange person -- lils, if you want to read the book, cool, if you know someone who would like it, cool, if you want to just let the book go, cool too! :-)

Journal Entry 3 by lils74 from Kathmandu, Bagmati Nepal on Monday, May 10, 2010

Cool--I've heard of this series, but never read any. I'm eager to give it a go, and I'll tell you what I thought! Thank you again for your amazing generosity, innae! -- So many wonderful new books to read!!

Journal Entry 4 by lils74 at Kathmandu, Bagmati Nepal on Tuesday, June 01, 2010

As I mentioned when I received it, this is a new author for me. I'm also relatively new to the modern vampire genre. I wasn't sure at first if I was going to like it or where it was going, but I quickly became captivated and found this a very enjoyable and interesting read. Fun and interesting mystery. Great characters--odd how such an unusual and unhuman cast can come to seem so real and believable. Also I really like the writing style of the author; she doesn't talk down to you nor over-explain, I really like that about her writing, it made me want to keep zipping through it, she kept a good pace. All in all a good read, and thank you again, Innae, for introducing me to a new author.

Journal Entry 5 by lils74 at Himalayan Java in Kathmandu, Bagmati Nepal on Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (6/14/2011 UTC) at Himalayan Java in Kathmandu, Bagmati Nepal

I left this book on the newspaper/magazine table at Himalayan Java Coffee Shop, Tridevi Marg, Thamel. It started to pour rain (it's monsoon here) and I stopped in for a munchie; I intended to take a photo on my way out, but it was already gone by then--didn't see whodunnit it though! This book is called Guilty Pleasures, and I set it free in this place because coffee (along with chocolate, of course) is one of my "guilty pleasures" and this cafe sure has some heavenly confections and coffee drinks, hot and cold. Lovely stuff!
This book has been released for a little game we're playing, Bookcrossing Monopoly. If you are the finder, I hope that you enjoy it, read it, keep it for as long as you like, then pass it on.
Please just write a little note (you can stay anonymous, no problem!) to let us know the book is safe with you! It will help us in the game!