corner corner Random Acts of Heroic Love

Random Acts of Heroic Love
by Danny Scheinmann | Literature & Fiction
Registered by abigailann of Abingdon, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on 1/29/2010

status (set by mafarrimond): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by abigailann from Abingdon, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Friday, January 29, 2010

Bought in charity shop ready for Valentine's themed release

Journal Entry 2 by abigailann at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Monday, February 08, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (2/8/2010 UTC) at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

'Random Acts of Heroic Love' is a compelling and thorough look at love through two men's eyes and how love can act as a driving force. The two stories are weaved and interlinked expertly, interrupted only by notebook style extracts showing quotes about love and pictures of animals in love. The more I read this book the more hooked I became. I was particularly impressed with the wide scope approach taken by the author.

Sent to da-wildchildz, who requested from my available list.

Part of the following release challenges:
*Valentine's Release Challange*

Journal Entry 3 by da-wildchildz from Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I received this book in the post today and cannot wait to read it. Thanks abigailann for sending it to me!

Journal Entry 4 by da-wildchildz from Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Saturday, February 27, 2010

Random Acts of Heroic Love, entwines tales of love into a beautiful novel. Scheinmann’s stories made me experience the minefield of emotions the characters were journeying through as they dealt with their pain. Ultimately, the stories capture the power of love and its effects.

This was a thoroughly absorbing read and I could not put it down. The main characters were likable and engaged me throughout the book. I know I will be reading it again soon as I found a dirt cheap copy of it in a charity shop!

I loved the snippets from Leo’s journal as they were really thought provoking. They reminded me of Jon Krakauer’s ‘Into the Wild.’ Also, I wish I had a physics teacher like Roberto at school; I might have understood the subject better!

Journal Entry 5 by da-wildchildz at Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, March 20, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (3/19/2010 UTC) at Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire United Kingdom

Sent to whateverman as an extra RABCK, enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by whateverman from Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Monday, March 22, 2010

Thank you so much, da-wildchild, for the surprise. I look forward to reading it!

Journal Entry 7 by whateverman from Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, April 08, 2010

Really not my cup of tea. Will release soon to hopefully find someone that will enjoy it more than me.

Journal Entry 8 by whateverman at Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, April 08, 2010

Released 6 yrs ago (4/8/2010 UTC) at Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire United Kingdom

Iam passing this on in the same way i received it as a surprise RABCK! Enjoy!

Journal Entry 9 by mafarrimond from Hawarden, Wales United Kingdom on Monday, April 12, 2010

Received the book today. A lovely surprise.