corner corner Dead as a Scone

Dead as a Scone
by Ron Benrey, Janet Benrey | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingdg7500wing of Lancaster, Pennsylvania USA on 1/28/2010

status (set by eponine38): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingdg7500wing from Lancaster, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Royal Tunbridge Wells Mystery Series #1

Journal Entry 2 by wingdg7500wing at Lancaster, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, July 02, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (7/2/2010 UTC) at Lancaster, Pennsylvania USA

Part of a 'box-o-books' sent to svoight as part of my "Greedy Shmeedy...Take My Books...Please" RABCK drawing. Enjoy!

*2010 RABCK Release Challenge*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To the finder of this book:

What you have in your hands is an honest-to-goodness gift, no strings attached. You may keep it forever and ever, pass it on to a friend, or release it back "into the wild" for someone else to find. I know it may seem a little odd to find this lying around--it's my way of touching the lives of others in a positive way, with the hope that it made your day. :)

If you are new to BookCrossing, and find this book and this site, welcome! Enjoy the site, the book, and hopefully the BookCrossing community. I hope you'll join BookCrossing (doesn't cost anything to join!) and if you do, please consider using any previous reader of this book ... or me, dg7500 ... as the member who referred you. Or you may remain anonymous!

If you are an old hand at BookCrossing, thanks for picking up the book! Either way, I hope you'll make a brief journal entry so all the previous and future readers can track this book's journey. Thanks, and Happy Crossing! :)

"Every book, every volume you see here, has a soul. The soul of the person who wrote it and of those who read it and lived and dreamed with it. Every time a book changes hands, every time someone runs his eyes down its pages, its spirit grows and strengthens ..."

Carlos Ruiz Zafon (The Shadow of the Wind)

Journal Entry 3 by wingbookstogivewing at Springville, Tennessee USA on Tuesday, July 06, 2010

This was a book on dg7500's Available list that she was offering as part of her "Greedy Shmeedy...Take My Books...Please" RABCK drawing. I really appreciate you selecting me to receive a "Box-O-Books" It looks fantastic and I look foward to reading it and passing it on.

When Dame Elspeth falls over dead, presumably poisoned by a suspect creme brulee, can two pretentious prima donnas work together to solve this classically English crime--or will they end up victims of a tainted high tea themselves?

Journal Entry 4 by wingbookstogivewing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (9/30/2014 UTC) at Winchester, Massachusetts USA

Releasing as part of the 2014 Birthday Group, Happy Birthday!

To the finder of this book:

BookCrossing is free to join and a great deal of fun, completely confidential, and you may remain anonymous. If you choose to join please consider using me BOOKSTOGIVE as your referring member.

Journal Entry 5 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Thursday, December 11, 2014

Thank you for this wishlist book, bookstogive! I look forward to reading it and thank you for your thoughtfulness.

Journal Entry 6 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, March 07, 2015

This was an enjoyable read. I liked the setting (a tea museum, what's not to like?) and learned about different kinds of tea; some rather obscure. After years of hearing about Royal Tunbridge Wells (seems you couldn't watch any British program on our Public Television without some mention of it, so I've been curious) it was nice to read something actually set there :-)

The characters were well developed and the plot had more depth than many cozy mysteries I've read. I will definitely look for the next (and apparently last) in the series, The Final Crumpet.

Thanks again for sharing this!

Journal Entry 7 by wingeponine38wing at Starbucks, 1465 Massachusetts Ave. in Arlington, Massachusetts USA on Sunday, March 08, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (3/8/2015 UTC) at Starbucks, 1465 Massachusetts Ave. in Arlington, Massachusetts USA

In the bookcase. Hope someone will enjoy it!

Released for 2015 Wine+Food+BookCrossing Challenge hosted by GoryDetails.

DEAR FINDER,

Welcome to BookCrossing!

I hope you enjoy the book!