corner corner A Patch of Paradise

A Patch of Paradise
by Gaia Grant | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by L1nda of Newcastle, New South Wales Australia on 1/25/2010

status (set by jubby): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by L1nda from Newcastle, New South Wales Australia on Monday, January 25, 2010

The desire to leave stressful city life behind and move to a tropical island is, for most, just a dream. Gaia Grant decided to turn that dream into a reality. Packing up her family and journeying through Asia, she was eventually drawn to Bali for its exotic beauty, vibrant culture, and unique community lifestyle. Seven years on Gaia's still here, running a successful international business with her husband, Andrew, from the same thatched hut on the beach they found when they arrived. In her book, "A Patch of Paradise," (Published by Random House Australia). Gaia Grant shares her unique experience of living in Bali - including the challenges of living and working in a country in dramatic transition.

Journal Entry 2 by L1nda at -- Australia Post, New South Wales Australia on Saturday, February 26, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (2/28/2011 UTC) at -- Australia Post, New South Wales Australia

Sending in a bag of books to Jubby to read or release!

Journal Entry 3 by jubby at Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Monday, March 07, 2011

The back cover says:

Take the adventure of a lifetime with a woman who made her dreams of a seachange come true in exotic Bali.

Dare I read on?

Thank you very much L1nda for all your generous RABCKs.

Journal Entry 4 by jubby at Kangaroo Valley general store in Kangaroo Valley, New South Wales Australia on Sunday, November 25, 2012

Released 4 yrs ago (11/24/2012 UTC) at Kangaroo Valley general store in Kangaroo Valley, New South Wales Australia

Life these days is getting away from me. Well my reading time is.

So, I had this idea that I would release those bookcrossing books that are in my pocession that I don't think I'll read in the next year.

And release this one I did. I placed it on the book exchange shelves outside the general store this morning.

Happy reading.