corner corner Anything Goes: The Autobiography

Anything Goes: The Autobiography
by John Barrowman, Carole E. Barrowman | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by elhamisabel of Frankfurt am Main, Hessen Germany on 1/24/2010

status (set by pippis): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by elhamisabel from Frankfurt am Main, Hessen Germany on Sunday, January 24, 2010

This is John Barrowman's autobiography.
I think those who are fans might like it and it was an interesting read for me, even though I can't really approve of the way he plays pranks and thinks showing his naked bum and penis are much fun.
But then, I'm not him and not in showbusiness, so what do I know? ;-))

Journal Entry 2 by elhamisabel from Frankfurt am Main, Hessen Germany on Sunday, January 24, 2010

This is going out as a ray:

1. dolph1n

Journal Entry 3 by dolph1n from Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Thursday, February 18, 2010

It was a nice surprise when this fell through my cat flap as I had forgotten asking for it. I am sure it will be going to the top of the pile of books waiting to be read.

Journal Entry 4 by dolph1n from Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Monday, March 01, 2010

An amusing autobiography. He obviously comes from a very loving and close family. He sounds like the kind of uncle that avery child wants. I forgive him his pranks and exposures as he is so gorgeous.

Journal Entry 5 by dolph1n at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Monday, December 31, 2012

Released 4 yrs ago (1/2/2013 UTC) at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom

Sending as a RABCK to Lamilla. Enjoy

Journal Entry 6 by wingLamillawing at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Friday, January 25, 2013

Thank you for offering me this book, it's very kind of you. Barrowman's biography is a great present for Dr. Who 50th anniversary. I started watching Torchwood even before I became a Dr. Who fan. I wanted to read it for a long time and finally I hold it in my hands! It's beautiful new book, paperback with colour illustrations.

Journal Entry 7 by wingLamillawing at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Reading this book is a pleasure for any Barrowman fan. It's light and entertaining story.
I enjoyed reading about Doctor Who and Torchwood filming, as well as the relationship with Scott.

Journal Entry 8 by wingLamillawing at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Thursday, January 31, 2013

Reserved for Kemppu

Journal Entry 9 by wingLamillawing at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Friday, February 01, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (2/1/2013 UTC) at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus

First February release. Keep them moving! Track: RR933847093BY
Safe travels to Finland!

Journal Entry 10 by Kemppu at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Monday, February 11, 2013

I picked the book up at the post office today. Thank you ever so much for this wishlist book, Lamilla! It was cool to get a bookcrossing rabck from Belarus, since I didn't know there were bookcrossers in there. Now I know. Isn't bookcrossing the greatest hobby, bringing together book lovers from all over the world? :) Thanks also to the other readers of this book!
I'm a big fan of Doctor Who and Torchwood (which, imo, they don't show nearly enough here in Finland) and John Barrowman's character Captain Jack Harkness. I'd really like to see Barrowman on stage, too.

Myntti is also interested in the book, so I'll give it to her after finishing it myself.

Journal Entry 11 by Kemppu at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Friday, March 22, 2013

An interesting and entertaining book about a great entertainer! I only wish there were more things about Doctor Who and Torchwood, because I know John Barrowman mostly from them. Perhaps he tells more about those in his other book, which I wish to get to read one day. As I said before, I also wish I could see John Barroman on stage one day. I think he would be an interesting (to say the least) person to meet, too, although I'm afraid I wouldn't know what to say to him if that ever happened.

Thank you once again for the book! I'm going to give it to myntti next and I'll hope it'll travel from hand to hand - at least for a while, and at least here in Finland where Barrowman is not that known. I wouldn't want to see this book lost.

Journal Entry 12 by wingmynttiwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Wednesday, April 03, 2013

I got the book at our meet-up today. Thanks, Kemppu!

Journal Entry 13 by wingmynttiwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Sunday, September 01, 2013

You can hear Barrowman's voice when reading this book, so yeah, the text "sounds" like him. Even though the book follows his life and career in chronological order (well, mostly anyway), he occasionally goes off on a tangent in the middle of a story he is telling.
I follow him on Twitter, and he tweets quite often and seems to enjoy his job. This is the impression I got from the book, too. Anything Goes was a quick and entertaining read. (Although I do think he was occasionally tooting his own horn a bit too much.)

Journal Entry 14 by wingmynttiwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Sunday, September 01, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (9/1/2013 UTC) at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

Kirja lähtee seuraavaksi Slipperbunnylle. Pudotin kirjan postilaatikkoon tänään. Mukavia lukuhetkiä!

Osallistun tällä vapautuksella Appelsiinin 52 viikkoa -vapautushaasteeseen.
Viikon 35 teema: Kaikki käy. Ja tähän haasteeseen tosiaan käy teema kuin teema. Anything goes!

Journal Entry 15 by slipperbunny at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Thanks for the book! John Barrowman is a great actor, person and he plays one of my favorite characters in Doctor Who.

Journal Entry 16 by slipperbunny at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, November 08, 2013

I loved this book. Honestly, there's nothing I didn't like about this. John Barrowman is a really impressing man and I learned a lot about him through this book. And I've also been listening his singing and he has an amazing voice. Thanks for sharing this book. =)

Journal Entry 17 by slipperbunny at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (3/17/2014 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Congrats! (Kirja lähtee viikottaisen yllätyskirja-arvonnan voittajalle).

Journal Entry 18 by -Kata- at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Yllätyskirja-arvonnan palkinto saapui turvallisesti perille, kiitos! :)

edit April 24:
I'm embarrassed to admit that I've never watched Doctor Who... But now I definitely will!
So I read an autobiography of an actor whom I didn't know but nevertheless, I enjoyed the book. It was funny, or rather HE's funny, and JB seems like a genuinely nice and friendly guy and I wish him well because of that. And the book made me want to fly to London to watch some musicals, the sooner the better! :)

Journal Entry 19 by -Kata- at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Thursday, April 24, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (4/24/2014 UTC) at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

Toivelistahippakirja lähti postiin. Lukuiloa! :)

Journal Entry 20 by wingpippiswing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Thank you for the book, Kata! It had arrived at some point during our holiday, so better a bit late than never? I've never had to wade through such an amount of mail on our door step... Btw, you MUST watch Torchwood as well as Doctor Who, if you haven't already! It's Barrowman at his best!