corner corner Mary Anne

Mary Anne
by Daphne du Maurier | Literature & Fiction
Registered by veganbob of Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on 1/24/2010

status (set by Elegullotto): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by veganbob from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Sunday, January 24, 2010

Picked up this unregistered book at the BC meet at Coventry Transport Museum yesterday.

Journal Entry 2 by veganbob at Somwhere in the forest or visitors area in Salcey Forest, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (6/5/2010 UTC) at Somwhere in the forest or visitors area in Salcey Forest, Northamptonshire United Kingdom

Now my mum has read this I'll be taking it to the BC meet in Salcey Forest on Saturday 5 June.

Journal Entry 3 by Beqi at Salcey Forest, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Saturday, June 05, 2010

Picked up at the Salcey meet today. Many thanks for bringing it along, Bob!

Journal Entry 4 by Beqi at Daventry, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Sunday, July 25, 2010

Having read and thoroughly enjoyed 'Rebecca', I had high hopes for this book, especially as I'd read reviews where people rated it HIGHER than 'Rebecca'! I *did* enjoy it, just not as much. For me, 'Rebecca' takes a lot of beating, and this book couldn't do it for me, mainly because I found the courtroom stuff too much, and it became boring for me. I *loved* the descriptions of Mary Anne's life, both her early days, when she was penniless, and later on, when she had a much more privileged lifestyle. Mary Anne could certainly spend money, and it put me in mind of a shopaholic, circa 1800! I also loved the history, both of London back in the day, and also the Royal family. I'd recommend anyone who's a bit rusty on the Royalty history side of things to Google Duke of York and Albany and Mary Anne Clarke: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Frederick,_Duke_of_York_and_Albany
and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Anne_Clarke. Overall, it is a very interesting read, and mostly enjoyable, I just found the courtroom drama went on too much and I lost a bit of interest. I'm looking forward to reading more by Daphne Du Maurier :-)

Journal Entry 5 by Beqi at Daventry, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Friday, July 30, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (7/30/2010 UTC) at Daventry, Northamptonshire United Kingdom

This is a Birthday RABCK for Martha. As she enjoyed Rebecca so much I thought she'd like to give this one a try. I really liked it, althought the court room stuff did get a bit much after a while. That's my only complaint! Hope you enjoy it :-)

Journal Entry 6 by MarthaK-H at Lewisham, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Cheers Becky, look forward to reading this one soon. x

Journal Entry 7 by kirjakko at -- Trains, Tube, Buses --, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Mary Anne was spotted at the Camel & Artichoke on Jan 12th 2013.
I never knew Rebecca had a "little sister".

Journal Entry 8 by kirjakko at Camel & Artichoke - OBCZ in Waterloo, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (1/12/2013 UTC) at Camel & Artichoke - OBCZ in Waterloo, Greater London United Kingdom

Mary Anne never left the building. Hope she is over 18.

Journal Entry 9 by elstaplador at -- Trains, Tube, Buses --, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, June 23, 2013

Selected from the shelves at the Camel & Artichoke...

Journal Entry 10 by elstaplador at Cambridge, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Saturday, February 14, 2015

Rollicking. Definitely rollicking. Sex and scandal in high life. This was a rattling good yarn with an enticingly flawed protagonist. I felt that it ran headlong into a brick wall, however; the end came a little too abruptly.

Journal Entry 11 by elstaplador at By the river cam in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (3/4/2015 UTC) at By the river cam in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom

This book has been released as part of the BookCrossing.com project, which allows readers to follow the books they've loved and passed on as they travel through the wild. If you enjoy this book, please consider leaving a journal entry below saying where you found it, what you thought of it, and where it might be going next.

Journal Entry 12 by Elegullotto at Cambridge, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Found it in a bus stop in Cambridge, Chesterton area. Was a nice experience :) I did not know about bookcrossing, hope I'll be able to give my contribute.