corner corner Blue Like Jazz: Nonreligious Thoughts on Christian Spirituality

Blue Like Jazz: Nonreligious Thoughts on Christian Spirituality
by Donald Miller | Religion & Spirituality
Registered by wingbooklady331wing of Cape Coral, Florida USA on 2/25/2010

status (set by LittleWhiteBird): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingbooklady331wing from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Thursday, February 25, 2010

If you are new to BookCrossing and found this book and this site, Welcome!

Journal Entry 2 by wingbooklady331wing at By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, March 07, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (3/7/2010 UTC) at By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Enjoy! RABCK to LittleWhiteBird
For RABCK and Oh the Places We Can Go release challenges 2010

Blue, Ind, AZ, OK, TX, WV

Journal Entry 3 by LittleWhiteBird from Pasadena, California USA on Saturday, March 13, 2010

Thank you so much for the RABCK. I've been wanting to read this book for a while. It'll go close to the top of my mount TBR :)

Journal Entry 4 by LittleWhiteBird at Pasadena, California USA on Friday, June 11, 2010

Somehow, the book wasn't as exciting to read as I had hoped. Some of the stories seemed more like ramblings to me. But I like the author's unconventional approach to Christianity. Sometimes we tend to live in a cocoon and are missing out on a connection to the rest of the world.

I liked his advice for finding a church you can go to without getting angry:
- Pray that God will show you a church filled with people who share your interests and values.
- Go to the church God shows you.
- Don't hold grudges against other churches. God loves those churches almost as much as He loves yours.

It's very similar to the approach I found my local church. Actually, God helped me find an apartment first so that I would be in walking distance of this church.

I may offer this book as an RABCK again or I may start a Christian book box - I'll have to think about that.

Journal Entry 5 by LittleWhiteBird at Pasadena, California USA on Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (7/25/2012 UTC) at Pasadena, California USA

I read the book again later, together with many people from my church. I liked it much better at this reading.

I'm releasing this book into my Christian Mostly Non-Fiction Bookbox. Please see the forum thread for rules of this box: http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/20/478378
I hope you enjoy the book. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 6 by LittleWhiteBird at Pasadena, California USA on Friday, January 24, 2014

This bookbox has been lost in the mail (only a wrapper with the address was found). I filed a parcel search request with a list of the books with BCID etc. for each with the USPS in August of 2012, but none of the books were ever found, so the form was returned to me after four months in December of 2012.

I wonder whether I'll ever hear back from any of these books.