corner corner Secret Daughter

Secret Daughter
by Shilpi Somaya Gowda | Literature & Fiction
Registered by brendadem of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Thursday, January 12, 2012

status (set by brendadem): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by freelunch from Cairns, Queensland Australia on Wednesday, January 13, 2010

When Warren Zevon died in 2003, he left behind both a fanatical cult following and a rich catalog of dark, witty rock-n-roll classics that includes "Lawyers, Guns, and Money," "Excitable Boy," and the immortal "Werewolves of London." He also left a trove of misadventures and anecdotes, a veritable rock opera of drugs, women, celebrity, high times, and hard ways. As Warren once said, "I got to be Jim Morrison a lot longer than he did."

I'll Sleep When I'm Dead is an intimate and unusual oral history of one of our most original and distinctive rock-and-roll antiheroes. Narrated by his former wife and longtime co-conspirator, Crystal Zevon, the book draws on over eighty interviews with the likes of Bruce Springsteen, Stephen King, Billy Bob Thornton, Jackson Browne, Bonnie Raitt, and countless others who came under his mischievous spell. The result is a raucous and moving tale of love and obsession, creative genius and epic bad behavior. Told in the words and images of the friends, lovers, and legends who knew him best, I'll Sleep When I'm Dead captures Warren Zevon in all his turbulent glory.

Journal Entry 2 by freelunch from Cairns, Queensland Australia on Thursday, April 08, 2010

loved it!

Journal Entry 3 by freelunch from Cairns, Queensland Australia on Sunday, April 18, 2010

sent to catsalive as my end of a trade..

Journal Entry 4 by wingcatsalivewing from Rooty Hill, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Fabulous! & thanks for the CD too.

Journal Entry 5 by wingcatsalivewing from Rooty Hill, New South Wales Australia on Saturday, May 15, 2010

I begged this from freelunch for a friend who is a Warren Zevon fan. He has now read it & enjoyed it, but was sorry to find that he was such an arsehole pig. My friend still gave it a 9/10.

I too am a Zevon fan but I don't think I want to read the book knowing he was such a bastard an unlikeable person. I'll just continue enjoying his music and remain blithely ignorant.

Journal Entry 6 by wingcatsalivewing at Richmond Neighbourhood Centre in Richmond, New South Wales Australia on Monday, July 09, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (7/9/2012 UTC) at Richmond Neighbourhood Centre in Richmond, New South Wales Australia

on the bookshelf

Journal Entry 7 by RCSI-NC at Richmond, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, July 10, 2012

One of numerous books which were kindly left on our bookshelf.