corner corner The Rule of Four

The Rule of Four
by Dustin Thomason | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingDeepswampwing of Oskarshamn, Småland Sweden on 1/11/2010

status (set by Moriquen): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingDeepswampwing from Oskarshamn, Småland Sweden on Saturday, August 07, 2010

The Rule of Four is a novel written by American authors Ian Caldwell and Dustin Thomason, and published in 2004. Caldwell, a Princeton University graduate, and Thomason, a Harvard University graduate, are childhood friends who wrote the book after their respective graduations.

The Rule of Four reached the top of the New York Times Bestseller list, where it remained for more than six months. The book was a no. 1 national and international bestseller and has been translated into more than 25 languages. It has sold more than four million copies worldwide, and as of 2007[update] was the best-selling debut novel of the decade. It is currently being developed by Warner Brothers as a feature film.

Journal Entry 2 by wingDeepswampwing at OBCZ Espresso House Stockholm in Stockholm, Stockholm Sweden on Thursday, March 31, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (3/31/2011 UTC) at OBCZ Espresso House Stockholm in Stockholm, Stockholm Sweden

I hyllan

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I found this book in the Espresso House OBCZ. First OBCZ I have ever visited I can say. Hurray!!!!

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I am the AF ... computer at the hostel keeps logging me off. Dont know why though.

Journal Entry 5 by Moriquen at Stockholm, Uppland Sweden on Monday, April 18, 2011

Now that I'm home I can finally make a decent JE! Sorry about the attempts before this (I am the enthousiastic AF.) the computer at the hostel kept logging me off whenever I tried to 'save' any comment.
Anyway, I was happy that I was able to persuade my friends to make a small detour for this OBCZ. It was the first one I've ever visited and I took the opportunity to leave one of my own books there. I took this book with me to Belgium to read. It sounds very interesting. (I like novels like Umberto Eco's and Dan Browns.)

Journal Entry 6 by Moriquen at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Saturday, May 26, 2012

My high hopes for this book weren't met at all, sadly enough. It takes ages before there is a simple plot developement and when the narrative finally picks up some speed, it is interupted again and again by the main characters ideas about his relationship with his father and Katie and his roommates. In the end I felt there barely was a conclusion to the tale at all, you get a bit of an open ending and a sad idea that the main character is going to continue to fall into the same traps he has always done ... A pitty, because it could have been so much better!

Journal Entry 7 by Moriquen at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Thursday, June 28, 2012

This book is coming with me to Luxembourg where I will be biking from the 30th of June until the 4th of July. We will be staying in the Youth Hostels of Hollenfels, Remerchen, Echternach, Vianden and Lultzhausen. I will leave this book in one of them. Happy travels little book and happy reading to whoever finds this book!

Journal Entry 8 by Moriquen at Auberge de jeunesse / Jugendherberge in Echternach, Kanton Echternach Luxembourg on Thursday, July 05, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (7/3/2012 UTC) at Auberge de jeunesse / Jugendherberge in Echternach, Kanton Echternach Luxembourg

I left this book among others in the little library on the first floor. Happy travels little book!