corner corner The Shack

The Shack
by William P Young | Religion & Spirituality
Registered by whiskeyjane of Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on 1/5/2010

status (set by whiskeyjane): available

Journal Entry 1 by whiskeyjane from Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on Tuesday, January 05, 2010

I bought 20 books today and got 30% off my entire purchase - yay! Plan to send them all to BC friends.

I had never heard of this book until I read a thread on the BC forums and several people said this was the worst book they read in 2009. So now I just have to read it and see why they didn't like it!

FROM BACK COVER: Mackenzie Allen Philips' youngest daughter, Missy, has been abducted during a family vacation and evidence that she may have been brutally murdered is found in an abandoned shack deep in the Oregon wilderness. Four years later in the midst of his Great Sadness, Mack receives a suspicious note, apparently from God, inviting him back to that shack for a weekend. Against his better judgment he arrives at the shack on a wintry afternoon and walks back into his darkest nightmare. What he finds there will change Mack's world forever. In a world where religion seems to grow increasingly irrelevant "The Shack" wrestles with the timeless question, "Where is God in a world so filled with unspeakable pain?" The answers Mack gets will astound you and perhaps transform you as much as it did him. You'll want everyone you know to read this book!

Journal Entry 2 by whiskeyjane at Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on Thursday, December 20, 2012

WELCOME TO BOOKCROSSING Congratulations! You found a traveling book! This book has been set free. It is yours to keep or share. Please take a moment to make a journal entry to let me know the book has found a new home

Journal Entry 3 by whiskeyjane at Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on Monday, October 02, 2017

Ok I finished reading this in August. I understand now why so many bookcrossers rated it as they did. HA HA!!!

It started out good in my opinion - the author's description of grief is completely accurate, and believe me I am an expert on feeling grief...So he got that part right. Too bad the book quickly deteriorated into complete nonsense