corner corner Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 1)

Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 1)
by J.R. Ward, J.R. WARD | Women's Fiction
Registered by wingLadyAmaliewing of Karlsruhe, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Sunday, January 03, 2010

status (set by Rrrcaron): available

Journal Entry 1 by wingLadyAmaliewing from Karlsruhe, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Sunday, January 03, 2010

In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York, there's a deadly turf war going on between vampires and their slayers. There exists a secret band of brothers like no other - six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. Yet none of them relishes killing their enemies more than Wrath, the leader of the Black Dagger Brotherhood ...

The love-story is normal for this genre, but J. R. Ward created a lot of interesting figures with special abilities. I liked the idee that vampires only feed from other vampires.

Journal Entry 2 by wingLadyAmaliewing from Karlsruhe, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Friday, March 26, 2010

Planned for an intl. Book-Ray.

List is subject to order change depending upon shipping preference.

A few guidelines:

1. Journal the book when you receive it so we know it arrived safely.
2. Please try to send it on within a month of receipt if you can.
3. A journal entry when you've finished it would be appreciated, even if it just says ‘I liked this’ or ‘I wasn’t keen’.
4. Mail the book to the next person. PLEASE do a release note when you've done this.

PARTICIPANTS
- Nachtgeier (Germany; Post National)
- sirly (Germany; Post Europe)
- Deepswamp (Sweden; Post International)
- Tsjara (Netherland; Post Europe)
- WigglyWoods (United Kingdom; Post International)
- trisousa (Portugal; Post Europe)
- Esme-Weatherwax (Irland; Post Irland/UK)
- Jonniboi (United Kingdom; Post International)
- Rrrcaron (USA; Post National)

The book has reached its final destination. Sincere thanks are given to all participants to enable this.

Journal Entry 3 by wingLadyAmaliewing at by mail, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, April 04, 2010

Released 4 yrs ago (4/3/2010 UTC) at by mail, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

The book is on its way. I wish a nice yourney.

For all participants a lot of fun and a good time.

Journal Entry 4 by wingNachtgeierwing from Köln, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Arrived today, that was fast! :)
I'm very curious about the book, will start it soon.
Thanks a lot for sharing.

13.04.10
Well, overall an entertaining read. At first I was a bit disappointed by all the stereotypes, but after all muscles were described it made a very good late night read. :)
In broad daylight the names were a bit ridiculous and the evil counterpart Mr. X very underdeveloped, but that's a flaw I find in most urban fantasy/vamp romance stuff.
So, yes, I'd be interested to read other books from the Black Dagger series.

Rating: ★★★★★★★✫✫✫ (as BC2.0 is not yet capable of this)

Journal Entry 5 by wingNachtgeierwing at Köln, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Friday, April 16, 2010

Released 4 yrs ago (4/16/2010 UTC) at Köln, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

The Dark Lover is now on his way to sirly.
Have fun! :)

Journal Entry 6 by wingsirlywing from Karlsruhe, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Freed from the "Packstation" today
Thanks for sending!

Journal Entry 7 by wingsirlywing from Karlsruhe, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Monday, May 03, 2010

Actually I was quite surprised I liked reading this book that much
I've heard enthusiastic opinions about this series before - that's why I joined this RAY ;-)
But I wouldn't have imagined myself beeing drawn into the book's world that easily
Will I read further parts of the series? - Well, yeah, I guess I will... ;-)
(★★★★★★★★★✫ from me)

Journal Entry 8 by wingsirlywing at a Book Ring/Ray, to another bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Released 3 yrs ago (5/4/2010 UTC) at a Book Ring/Ray, to another bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

... on its way to Deepswamp now... :-)

Journal Entry 9 by wingDeepswampwing from Oskarshamn, Småland Sweden on Friday, May 07, 2010

Arrived safe! Looking forward to read!

Journal Entry 10 by wingDeepswampwing from Oskarshamn, Småland Sweden on Monday, May 17, 2010

It´s not a story for a feminist... but if you take it as entertainment.... a fantasy about vampires and romance (and sex).
Thanks!
Now it will travel to Tsjara.

Journal Entry 11 by wingTsjarawing at Heiloo, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Thursday, May 27, 2010

Arrived here safely. Thanks for sending Deepswamp (and for the lovely card)!
This sounds great, looking forward to reading it :) (I do have a couple of other rings in front, so it might take a bit longer).. Thank you for sharing LadyAmalie!

Journal Entry 12 by wingTsjarawing at Heiloo, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I finished reading it this morning (when I should be studying for exams :p). It was a very entertaining read and I couldn't put it down. Though all the abbreviations annoyed me a bit, as I didn't knew what they stood for most of the time.. hmm.. and the vampires had kind of funny names but you get used to it after a while. And it was better written than most of the other vampire/romance sort of books that I have read.
Looking forward to the rest of the series :)

I will mail this to WigglyWoods tomorrow.

Journal Entry 13 by wingTsjarawing at Heiloo, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Thursday, June 24, 2010

Released 3 yrs ago (6/24/2010 UTC) at Heiloo, Noord-Holland Netherlands

Mailed to WigglyWoods today.
Happy reading!

Journal Entry 14 by WigglyWoods at Chorley, Lancashire United Kingdom on Thursday, July 01, 2010

Arrived safely on Tuesday - thanks Tsjara.

Journal Entry 15 by WigglyWoods at Chorley, Lancashire United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I enjoyed this enough to read the next ones. My daughter read it before me as I had two rings arrive at the same time and she spotted that this was about vampires - she read it very quickly and enjoyed it. I thought the different take on the abilities/qualities of vampires was very good but I can't say that I was very taken with the brotherhood characters really.

I will post on as soon as I have an address.

Journal Entry 16 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Belas, Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The book has arrived.
i'll try to be quick.

Thanks.

Journal Entry 17 by trisousa at Belas, Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Monday, September 27, 2010

I'm the anonymous finder above.
I'll start reading it today.

Journal Entry 18 by Esme-Weatherwax at Limerick, Co. Limerick Ireland on Thursday, November 25, 2010

Got it today. I have a few rays before it but I will get to it when I am done with those.

Journal Entry 19 by Esme-Weatherwax at Limerick, Co. Limerick Ireland on Wednesday, January 12, 2011

This book is in no way a serious book but it is enjoyable and fun. To be honest I would have liked more fighting scenes. Also it seemed like there was a sex part every 20 pages or so. Bits are very laughable for example the brothers wearing leather pants! Also the who virgin vampire bit is well just silly. I enjoyed her take on the vampires and their race. I wish the baddies would have had a bit more time in the book, but I know it is a love story. I look forward to the books to come.

* Note: Jonniboi wants me to send book 1, 2 and 3 together.

Journal Entry 20 by Esme-Weatherwax at -- Controlled release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Friday, April 08, 2011

Released 3 yrs ago (4/9/2011 UTC) at -- Controlled release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

off to Jonniboi. Sorry that it took me so long to read these.

Journal Entry 21 by Jonniboi at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Saturday, April 23, 2011

yay, I have all 3 books, looks like the parcel got damaged on the way, as it came in a sealed plastic covering, luckily nothing disappeared!

Can't wait to read these books. I have, all of a sudden, a few bookrings/rays to get through before these (why do they all turn up at the same time?), so may have them longer than expected, but I'll try and get around to the ASAP!

Journal Entry 22 by Jonniboi at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 07, 2011

just finished this book, I am sorry it has taken this long to start reading the books, but I've had exams and a pile of bookrings/rays to go through. But finally got around to them!

I loved this book, but it only became gripping towards the middle, as it was a slow start, and I felt that the battle in the book was too quick, and even though that goes with what is expected of vampires, I still felt it didn't last long enough.

So that is why it is not 10/10 stars, however once I got into it I was gripped and couldn't stop reading it, can't wait to read the next book (starting it right now)

I have the address of Rrrcaron, so will send out soon!

Journal Entry 23 by Jonniboi at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Released 2 yrs ago (6/22/2011 UTC) at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom

Sent this book off, it's now in the post! Off to Rrrcaron, I hope she enjoys it!

Journal Entry 24 by Rrrcaron at Lancaster, New Hampshire USA on Sunday, July 31, 2011

I loved this book! Can't wait to read the next book in the series! I see I forgot to post the day I received it. I finished it the next day.
What a series!!!