corner corner The Thirteenth Tale

The Thirteenth Tale
by Diane Setterfield | Literature & Fiction
Registered by AliceF of Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom on 1/13/2010

status (set by roommush): available

Journal Entry 1 by AliceF from Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Vida Winter, a bestselling yet reclusive novelist, has created many outlandish life histories for herself, all of them invention. Now old and ailing, at last she wants to tell the truth about her extraordinary life. Her letter to biographer Margaret Lea - a woman with secrets of her own - is a summons. Vida's tale is one of gothic strangeness featuring the Angelfield family: the beautiful and wilful Isabelle and the feral twins Adeline and Emmeline. Margaret succumbs to the power of Vida's storytelling, but as a biographer she deals in fact not fiction and she doesn't trust Vida's account. Margaret starts to investigate, and two parallel stories unfold, as she begins a journey to discover the truth - her own, as well as Vida's...

Journal Entry 2 by AliceF at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Sunday, January 30, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (1/30/2011 UTC) at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium

Smile!

Journal Entry 3 by Moriquen at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Friday, February 11, 2011

How exciting!!! Yet another wishlist book. Winning the sweepstake has been really amazing and you just helped it be that more amazing. Thanks a lot!!

(Reserved for Releanna)

Journal Entry 4 by Moriquen at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Thursday, November 03, 2011

I enjoyed this book immensly. I agree with the comment Mrs. Elizabeth Jane Howard made on the cover of this book: 'Anyone picking up this novel will not be able to put it down. Pick it up!'
The book takes place in what I believe to be fairly modern times, but I could hardly shake the Victorian feel that emmanates from Mrs. Winters story. A beautiful and sad ghost story. Thanks again for sending it to me AliceF.

Journal Entry 5 by Moriquen at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Friday, November 04, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (11/4/2011 UTC) at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium

On its way to Releanna as part of the wishlist-tag game. I hopeyou'll enjoy it!

Journal Entry 6 by wingReleannawing at Wien Bezirk 23 - Liesing, Wien Austria on Monday, November 07, 2011

thank you so much for this wishlist book :)

Journal Entry 7 by wingReleannawing at Wien Bezirk 23 - Liesing, Wien Austria on Thursday, December 29, 2011

a beautiful story, sometimes a bit weird but very captivating!

Journal Entry 8 by wingReleannawing at shelf clearing, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (1/21/2012 UTC) at shelf clearing, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

have fun!

Journal Entry 9 by roommush at Panevėžys, Panevėžio Lithuania on Thursday, March 08, 2012

The book arrived safe and sound to me, thank you very much! :)