corner corner Koyasan (Darren Shan)

Koyasan (Darren Shan)
by Darren Shan | Children's Books
Registered by Jonniboi of Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on 1/1/2010

status (set by Jonniboi): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by Jonniboi from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Friday, January 01, 2010

This is a brilliant little novel, well created by a brilliant author! I loved it!

The Blurb:
"A spellbinding tale from the internationally bestselling author of Cirque Du Freak and Lord Loss.

The boys and girls in the graveyard were shouting, but Koyasan no longer heard them. The world had become a wide, grey void. She could hear deep rasping sounds, the breath of creatures which had been human once but weren't any more...

Koyasan is too scared to cross the bridge and play in the graveyard like the other children. But when her sister's soul is stolen, she must find the courage to enter a realm of evil, shape-shifting spirits."

This is brilliant!

Journal Entry 2 by Jonniboi from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Friday, January 01, 2010

Going to send this out as a bookring

Normal Bookring rules apply

To sign up, Click here or send me a PM

Participants so far (not the final list):
~ Jonniboi - UK - (Post International)
~ Dutch-book - The Netherlands - (Post Europe) (SKIPPED)
~ Hakkalina - Hungary - (Post International)
~ Annenz - New Zealand - (Post International) (SKIPPED)
~ Sfogs - New Zealand - (Post International)
~ Regulator - US - (Post US) SKIPPED
~
.... Then Back to me! <-------- On its way

Journal Entry 3 by Jonniboi at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Monday, August 09, 2010

This is what my sister thought:

"An amazing short story, that I couldn't stop reading. It surprised me how a totally different concept to normal books could grip me to the very end, I apsolutely loved it and I will definitely read more of Darren Shan in the future!"

Journal Entry 4 by Jonniboi at To the first reader, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Monday, August 09, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (8/9/2010 UTC) at To the first reader, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Sent off to Hakkalina since Dutch-book did not return my PMs! I hope it will get there soon!

UPDATE: Dutch-book has replied but wanted to be skipped!

Journal Entry 5 by winghakkalinawing at Budapest, Pest Hungary on Friday, August 20, 2010

Hello Jonniboi! The book arrived yesterday, and I couldn't wait to read it. Considering 20th of August is a national holiday in Hungary, thus I spent the morning in the bed and read. Although it was quick read, nevertheless I loved it so much. The story made me think, mainly some sentences regarding the fears. Koyasan's feelings were familar to me, since I also have "bridge" which I try to avoid, but I know that I should enter. This book came at the right time in order to give a helping hand. Thanks so much to have started this ring! :)

Update: 2010.08.23.
Annenz wants to be skipped because of her tight budget.

Update: 2010.08.27.
I have Sfog's addy. I will post the book sometime next week.

Journal Entry 6 by winghakkalinawing at Budapest, Pest Hungary on Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (8/31/2010 UTC) at Budapest, Pest Hungary

The book is travelling to its next reader! Have a good reading!

Journal Entry 7 by Sfogs at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Thursday, September 09, 2010

This small little book arrived in New Zealand safe and sound!
In bright blue wrapping, with some handmade booklabels~!! Thanks hakkalina!

Journal Entry 8 by Sfogs at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Thursday, September 09, 2010

What a cute little story! I really enjoyed it! Thanks everyone!!

Journal Entry 9 by Sfogs at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (9/22/2010 UTC) at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

Couldn't get hold of the next person in the bookray, so I'm sending it back home to the USA! Happy Travels little book!

Journal Entry 10 by Jonniboi at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 29, 2010

it is now back with me, and I was sort of expecting it to be a little tattered, I'm quite surprised that it's about in the condition I sent it off in, Thanks for returning it to me and I hope everyone enjoyed this book! I shall be passing it onto my mom next!