corner corner Chocolat

Chocolat
by Joanne Harris | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Philosoraptor of Frankfurt am Main, Hessen Germany on 12/13/2009

status (set by denny08): available

Journal Entry 1 by Philosoraptor from Frankfurt am Main, Hessen Germany on Sunday, December 13, 2009

Registered for a Christmas based RABCK :)

Journal Entry 2 by Philosoraptor at St Andrews, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, December 19, 2009

Released 7 yrs ago (12/19/2009 UTC) at St Andrews, Scotland United Kingdom

Sent Saturday 19th via 2nd class post (the man said 1st class would make no difference). Hope you enjoy it!

Journal Entry 3 by ApoloniaX from Lalitpur, Bagmati Nepal on Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I burst out laughing when I opened the package that just arrived.... not because of this book, but when I realised that it is my The 12 Days Of Bookcrossing Int'l Exchange surprise - I got the third day: Three French Hens. Two of them are supposed to be filled with salt and pepper and the third is one of those funny little finger puppets. Then this book here, Chocolat, which is set in France - along with lots of chocolates. And Stephen Clarke's novel Merde Actually, about a culture-shocked Englishman in France. And tea. And playing cards, from the P&O ferries (running to France). Thanks a lot, Philosoraptor!!!

Journal Entry 4 by ApoloniaX from Lalitpur, Bagmati Nepal on Thursday, January 14, 2010

This is a lovely story, set in rural France. Even after having watched the movie some years ago I still found it very entertaining. And mouthwatering....
This book will be passed on right away.

Journal Entry 5 by ApoloniaX at Surprise For Another BookCrosser, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, January 14, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (1/15/2010 UTC) at Surprise For Another BookCrosser, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Chocolat is crossing some oceans now, travelling to the other side of the world.
Hope you like it.
Happy reading!

Journal Entry 6 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, January 23, 2010

Received today with some great audios (wow, thanks!) and a wonderful bunch of postage stamps. Thanks so much!

Amusing that this arrived in a re-used US Priority mail box. The USPS gets upset if you use those boxes and don't put on priority mail postage, but I guess they can't say anything if it comes to them via another country's postal service. ;)

I think I have to go eat some chocolate now. ;)

Journal Entry 7 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, June 20, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (6/20/2010 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Going to the winner of the Happy Day RABCK.

Free your books - help spread the words!

Journal Entry 8 by denny08 at Las Cruces, New Mexico USA on Friday, July 09, 2010

Thank you so much for this one. I've been looking forward to reading this for quite a while. Maybe I should stock up on chocolate first though.

Journal Entry 9 by denny08 at Las Cruces, New Mexico USA on Monday, January 31, 2011

Read this one while I was recuperating from kidney stones. It was a quick enjoyable read.