corner corner Paris Trout

Paris Trout
by Pete Dexter | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingghirwing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 12/13/2009

status (set by hyphen8): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingghirwing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, December 13, 2009

Paris Trout, a shopkeeper and moneylender, well known in the community, shoots two household members of a man who owes him money. When one of his victims dies and he is brought to trial, those around him examine what sort of person Trout is. What looks at first like ignorant racism within a culture where that is not unusual is soon revealed to be a symptom of deeper mental instability.

To hyphen8 for state challenge, 05/27/14.

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

I came home from our delicious TOC dinner at The Pig and the Lady doubly indebted to ghir - I came home with far too many of her books!

Journal Entry 3 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Friday, June 20, 2014

Paris Trout and his unshakable world view are really quite unpleasant: although he was a product of his time and his upbringing, he stands out as particularly nasty.

I'll count this story set in Georgia as book 53/59 for NancyNova's 2013-2014 US states & territories reading challenge. - thank you ghir!

Journal Entry 4 by winghyphen8wing at Waikiki Park Heights in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (6/21/2014 UTC) at Waikiki Park Heights in Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Left on the free book shelf in the lobby.

(Larger photo here.)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm so glad you've found this book!

Won't you please make a journal entry to let the book's previous readers know that it's safely in your hands? How did you find it? What did you think of it? What are you going to do with it next?

BookCrossing: making the whole world a library!