corner corner Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix BOOKRING

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix BOOKRING
by J.K. Rowling | Children's Books
Registered by blacksheeps99 of not specified on 6/21/2003

status (set by blacksheeps99): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by blacksheeps99 from not specified, not specified not specified on Saturday, June 21, 2003

I did it! I read my first Harry Potter book!!

And now I have to join the "pottermaniaclub"! :-) It is fabolus.

I didn´t expect the book to be so nice and absorbing. I would have devour this book as a kid - although I made nothing different now!
The characters are described figurativy - I detested Professor Umbridge!

Rowling is an excellent writer (the coming together of all the characters and plot lines were brilliantly done) One of the best things (for me) about this book is the imaginative way Rowling writes about the world of magic. I loved the description and names of the magic classes in this book.

it takes you on a magical ride of emotions, one moment you will be angry the next you will be laughing at another antic by the Fred & George with their Weasley Wizarding Wheezes. It's as though one can feel Harry's very emotions when reading this. The boring start at the Dursleys, the excitement, his resentment, his jealousy, his confusion, his frustration. J.K. Rowling has done a really good job explaning the emotions of a teenager, the emotions people get caught in when they lose someone so important for themselves and the feelings of disappointment for the people they had praised for years.

It is an excelent book you can`t stop until you finish it and when you finish it you want to read the other books. (Right now I have to hunt the other four volumes!) Is a book full of magic that will keep you turning pages until the end.

I hope I haven´t reveal too much!

Journal Entry 2 by blacksheeps99 from not specified, not specified not specified on Saturday, June 21, 2003

European Bookring

Final order:

+ Atenea-Nike (Spain)
+ Gyd (Barcelona, Spain)
+ Letra (Portugal)
+ fflloorr (Lisbon, Portugal)
+ stemonitis (Austria)
+ ferengie (Germany)
+ Selfelf (Romania)
+ alexcristea (Romania) current reader

New Ring:

+ MarahSulloy (Germany)
+ Tajaje (Germany)
+ Leanne345 (UK)
+ back to me...blacksheeps99 (Austria)

You can still join this bookring - you´ll be placed at the bottom of the list!

Please write a journal entry as soon as you get the book (Let us know you got it! :-) ). PM the next person in line to get his or her mailing address, so the book may travel along....

Enjoy it!!

You may have noticed, I´d like my bookshelf and journals being colourful,.... So feel free to post pictures (of you, the book, you and the book, your city,.....)

Journal Entry 3 by blacksheeps99 from not specified, not specified not specified on Saturday, July 12, 2003

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is on his way to Atenea-Nike!

Journal Entry 4 by Atenea-Nike on Friday, July 18, 2003

Oh, I am so happy that this book is finally in my humble abode! (see attached photo of my humble abode: it is the Partenon in Athens, Greece). Goodbye, Sedaris' book; goodbye, Ha Jin's book; Harry is home and is claiming my attention. I'll come back to you, poor books, later.

Journal Entry 5 by Atenea-Nike on Saturday, July 19, 2003

Oh, finally I am done with it! After 2 days of doing nothing much but reading I finished it, and it was well worth it.
At first I was a bit dissapointed because after the grand finale of the previous book I wanted some action and answers fast. But as the story gained mementum it became very gripping. An advice: brace yourself for the last 100 pages. They're exhilarating.
Harry Potter has grown up a lot, too - the author has managed to make her character a living, growing one, not a kid that remains stationary in time. Well done!

Journal Entry 6 by Gyd from Barcelona, Barcelona Spain on Monday, July 28, 2003

Harry Potter has arrived at home just in time! (I've just finished another Bookring book this same morning). Starting my reading in 5...4...3...2...1...0!

Thanks Blacksheeps99 for sharing!

Journal Entry 7 by Gyd from Barcelona, Barcelona Spain on Sunday, August 17, 2003

Definitely there was no need to be that long, I even found it hard to get through the first quarter of the book :0P.
But, as Atenea says, the last pages are pure action!

*Warning*: Spoiler written in magic ink :0)

I don't really believe Sirius is dead, it was too fast, it happened almost unnoticed.
And did someone see his dead body? I did not...

Harry will be travelling next week to Fflloorr in Lisboa, Portugal. Enjoy ;0)!

Journal Entry 8 by fflloorr from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Wednesday, September 03, 2003

YES! It's finally here. I just wished I didn't have to finish reading another book first :-(
Thanks again Gyd for the wonderful bookmark!

Journal Entry 9 by fflloorr from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Wednesday, September 10, 2003

This will go to Letra first and then back to me.

Journal Entry 10 by fflloorr at on Wednesday, September 10, 2003

Released on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 at entregue em mão in Lisboa, lisboa Portugal.

Para a Letra.

Journal Entry 11 by letra on Wednesday, September 10, 2003

Just got it. I'll start reading it in two or three days (as soon as I finish Hey Nostradamus!). Thanks blacksheeps99 and fflloorr :)

Journal Entry 12 by letra on Tuesday, September 23, 2003

I must confess I was determined not to like Harry Potter. As soon as I finished the first book I've changed my mind, of course. A few years ago I borrowed the portuguese translations of the first three volumes and, though the characters and plot were very captivating, I found the writing to be very poor. Reading HP 5 my opinion changed (I guess the translations were even worse than I thought). I still think it's not a book for "grown ups" and I'll probably only buy the series when my daughter is old enough to read them, but it is undoubtedly a great book for older children and teenagers. As another BCr wrote, the way JKR allows the characters to grow older is one of the positive aspects of this series.

Thanks again for sharing. I'll pass it on to fflloorr asap :)

Journal Entry 13 by fflloorr from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Thursday, October 16, 2003

It's with me again!

[2003/12/09]

I just loved it!
It's incredible how the author's writing has been improving from book to book. Simply amazing!
Can't wait to read the next adventures of HP!

The book is now going to Stemonitis (austria), since I couldn't get any answers from the previous participants.

Journal Entry 14 by stemonitis from not specified, not specified not specified on Sunday, January 18, 2004

With the third film coming out this summer, this is a good time to re-read the book(s). For anyone who's read the previous books, the format is familiar. One thing which I did notice is the author's bad English! In a number of places, she uses the verb "spin" incorrectly. It should be "Harry spun...", not "Harry span..." - I'm amazed that got past the proof-readers at the publishing company.

My apologies to people waiting later in the bookring, but my girlfriend will be reading this before I send it on. That should only be a delay of a few days, though.

Journal Entry 15 by Flares on Friday, January 30, 2004

Another great HP book, but I knew what to expect having read it before. It is a good book to read twice, because you can understand it better once the plot lines all come together in your head after a second reading. I was very sad to finish it, especially because of the exciting ending and Dumbledore's explanation. Oh yes, and the revealing of Dumbledore's middle name (Brian...!).

I can't believe blacksheeps99 did not start at book one!

Journal Entry 16 by ferengie from Dülmen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Saturday, February 14, 2004

Hogwarts Express once again stopped here for a short break...it arrived on Tuesday already, but since my computer did not want to boot properly I had to straighten things out with it first, so I could go online again ;-)
am half through and can't wait to go on...

Journal Entry 17 by Selfelf on Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Recieved this book 2 days ago ... and i gave it fisrt to a friend of mine. Thank you !

Journal Entry 18 by alexcristea on Tuesday, June 15, 2004

it will be relesed soon

Journal Entry 19 by blacksheeps99 from not specified, not specified not specified on Monday, October 18, 2004

This book has been in Alexcristeas possession for more than 4 months now. As I don´t get any answers on my pms, I fear (and assume) that this book is lost!

Alexcristea, you still have the possibility to save your reputation - post the book to me and I´ll forget about this! It´s a hardcover - was VERY expensive and I really want it back!!!

For the remaining participants I started a new ring - a friend of mine is so nice to lend her copy.

=> restarted ring