corner corner Special Friends: Tales of Saints and Animals

Special Friends: Tales of Saints and Animals
by Arlene Graston | Religion & Spirituality
Registered by Megi53 of Danville, Virginia USA on 12/1/2009

status (set by gvacres): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Megi53 from Danville, Virginia USA on Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Strange: all the pictures were done by the author, but the ones at the beginning (St. Cieran's story -- see scan at left) were head-and-shoulders superior to the others.

More saints included were Coleman, Germaine, Jerome (a bookish old hermit), St. Martin de Porres (very popular where I grew up: South Texas), and of course, good old St. Francis who was the reason I bought this title -- my son watched "Brother Sun, Sister Moon" and took an avid interest in the subject.

Journal Entry 2 by Megi53 at Halifax County War Memorial in Halifax, Virginia USA on Sunday, February 28, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (2/27/2010 UTC) at Halifax County War Memorial in Halifax, Virginia USA

Left on retaining wall, northwest edge of Memorial park, in a ziplock bag.

Journal Entry 3 by gvacres from Drakes Branch, Virginia USA on Sunday, February 28, 2010

Found this book while geocaching at the Halifax Co. War Memorial. We had actually registered with bookcrossing a couple of years ago, but had never been active. Finding the book might be what we need to get back track! My son already read it, I will do so, and then release back into the wild. Not sure where I will drop it off just yet. Thanks for sharing!