corner corner Death of a Writer

Death of a Writer
by Michael Collins | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingAnnimanniwing of Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 12/1/2009

status (set by Annimanni): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingAnnimanniwing from Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, December 01, 2009

From the back:

"It is not until after former literary prodigy E. Robert Pendleton's failed suicide attempt that his brilliant novel, Scream, is discovered in his basement. With a gruesome real-life unsolved murder at its core, the novel's publication causes a storm of publicity, pulling a young graduate student and a rival author into the media frenzy. Soon questions begin to be asked: How did Pendleton know the case so well? And why did he bury Scream in his basement? Pendleton can't respond; his suicide attempt has left him all but comatose. Enter Jon Ryder, a detective with scandals in his own past, and the hunt for the murderer is on.

A profound, darkly funny novel anchored by a gripping thriller, Death of a Writer explores the price of fame, the turmoil of academic life, and the precarious position of literature in American society."

***

Got this from my aunt to read and release.

Journal Entry 2 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, July 02, 2015

Taking this with me to read and release in the US.

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, July 13, 2015

I didn't find this funny or gripping or brilliant, just boring. If I hadn't had this as a holiday read, I'd have abandoned after the first 50 pages or so...

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnnimanniwing at Bryant Park Reading Point in New York City, New York USA on Sunday, July 19, 2015

Released 1 yr ago (7/18/2015 UTC) at Bryant Park Reading Point in New York City, New York USA

Happy reading! Thanks for checking in.