corner corner The Library of Shadows

The Library of Shadows
by Mikkel Birkegaard | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingAnnimanniwing of Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 12/1/2009

status (set by kirjakko): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingAnnimanniwing from Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, December 01, 2009

From the back:

"Image that some people have the power to affect your thoughts and feelings through reading. They can seduce you with amazing stories, conjure up vividly imagined worlds, but also manipulate you into thinking exactly what they want you to.

When Luca Campelli dies a sudden and violent death, his son Jon inherits his second-hand bookshop, Libri di Luca, in Copenhagen. Jon has not seen his father for twenty years, since the mysterious death of his mother.

After Luca's death is followed by an arson attempt on the shop, Jon is forced to explore his family's past. Unbeknown to Jon, the bookshop has for years been hiding a remarkable secret. It is the meeting place of a society of booklovers and readers, who have maintained a tradition of immense power passed down from the days of the great library of ancient Alexandria. Now someone is trying to destroy them, and Jon finds he must fight to save himself and his new friends.

The Library of Shadows is an engrossing literary thriller of intrigue, conspiracy and the extraordinary power of reading."

***

Got this from my aunt to read and release.

Journal Entry 2 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

I have mixed feelings about this book. Mostly I enjoyed it, but I was also annoyed by Birkegaard trying too much. The ending in particular was just too over the top.

Next off to kirjakko as part of the wishlist tag game. Hope you like this!

Journal Entry 3 by kirjakko at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, July 27, 2014

Thanks for the tag, looks interesting.

Journal Entry 4 by kirjakko at Sipoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, March 02, 2017

Finally I got to reading this. After chapter one I slept 13 hours... Not because of the book, I'm sure. The font is rather small, so I definately need my specs reading this. Promising beginning.

Journal Entry 5 by kirjakko at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, March 05, 2017

Hmm. A bit too weird for my taste, so I didn't finish it. Although it is frightening, really, how some people are good at altering the way other people think by sounding convincing while talking utter rubbish. The latest example being of course President Donald Trump 😨.

Journal Entry 6 by kirjakko at Charles Bridge in Praha, Praha Czech Republic on Monday, April 17, 2017

Released 7 mos ago (4/17/2017 UTC) at Charles Bridge in Praha, Praha Czech Republic

Left the book near the gate of Charles Bridge.