corner corner History Dates (Funfax Facts & Records)

History Dates (Funfax Facts & Records)
by Peter Lafferty | Children's Books
Registered by VeganLady of Streatham, Greater London United Kingdom on 12/2/2009

status (set by AnonymousFinder): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by VeganLady from Streatham, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 02, 2009

I have not read the book. I am a second hand bookseller, and release various books that are not suitable for my catalogue.

Hope that you enjoyed the book. If you did, please remember to log back in and enter a comment so that I will be alerted that you have read it and passed it on.

Journal Entry 2 by VeganLady at Streatham, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, December 05, 2009

Released 7 yrs ago (12/5/2009 UTC) at Streatham, Greater London United Kingdom

Having found this book, I hope that you enjoy reading it. If you did, please spare a moment to enter a comment so that I will be alerted that you have read it. I enjoy seeing where my books travel.

You can do this anonymously, but it can be more fun to have an id, as you will then also be able to track books that you have found and follow their paths round the world.

Passed to Wistful Dragon.

Journal Entry 3 by WistfulDragon at BookCrossing Anniversary Convention 2010 (Theater Griffioen) in Amstelveen, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Sunday, April 11, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (4/17/2010 UTC) at BookCrossing Anniversary Convention 2010 (Theater Griffioen) in Amstelveen, Noord-Holland Netherlands

I am bringing lots of books for the Convention - most, if not all, given to me for releasing by LongNeckBooks. They are a complete mix (as LongNeckBooks is a second hand bookseller and these are ones she has given to bookcrossing from her stock), so hopefully there will be something suitable for everyone! I am really excited now!

Journal Entry 4 by auweia from Langen, Hessen Germany on Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I picked this very nice-looking book up on the BC-Convention for olagorie, who couldn´t made it to Amsterdam. She wanted me to bring her historical stories, but I think she will not expect such a assemblage of dates ;-)

Journal Entry 5 by auweia at Frankfurt am Main, Hessen Germany on Monday, May 10, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (5/11/2010 UTC) at Frankfurt am Main, Hessen Germany

would be handed to olagorie on the Frankfurt meetup

Journal Entry 6 by wingolagoriewing from Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My friend went to Amsterdam and all I got was ...

No, I am joking, I am very happy that auweia brought me this little book. Thanks a lot!

It looks very nice :-D

There is even an entry (1781) about William Herschel - I used to live in Herschel Street !

Journal Entry 7 by wingolagoriewing at Shin Falls visitor centre in Shin, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, August 21, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (8/21/2010 UTC) at Shin Falls visitor centre in Shin, Scotland United Kingdom

Liebe Finderin, lieber Finder,

Gratulation, dass Du dieses Buch gefunden hast! Ich hoffe, es gefällt Dir. Du hast nicht nur ein Buch, sondern eine ganze Gemeinschaft von Leserinnen und Lesern gefunden, die Bücher lieben. Schau Dir die Seite mal an! Vielleicht willst Du Bookcrossing ja beitreten? Das ist anonym, kostenlos und macht Spaß!

Hello! Bookcrossing is a online community of book lovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. We are curious to see how far and wide it will travel and how its readers like it. Feel free to read and keep this book, pass it on to a friend or leave it somewhere else for the next reader. If you journal this book as a member, then you will hear from the book as it travels around. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 8 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Shin, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, September 11, 2010

Booklet was nice---history in a nutshell. I was at Shin Falls with a group from a Holland America ship. I enjoyed the falls and got to see salmon swimming up the falls to spawn. I took the book back to the ship and forgot to "release" it until I saw it in my luggage when I was getting ready to return to the US, so it travelled with me to Norway before heading back to the states. I gave it to a young woman on a hotel bus in New York City. She was going to JFK Airport and flying to India. I hope that the book makes the trip. That will get it about halfway around the world. (I think I picked it up around Aug 25 or so.)