corner corner Lost in the Fun House

Lost in the Fun House
by John Barth | Literature & Fiction
Registered by winghippoleinwing of Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 12/9/2009

status (set by hippolein): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winghippoleinwing from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Penguin Books paperback 1972
198 pages

From the Back Cover:
'My feeling about technique in art is that it has about the same value as technique in love-making. That is to say, heartfelt ineptitude has its appeal and so does heartless skill; but what you want is passionate virtuosity' says John Barth.

Lost in the Funhouse is a dazzling experiment in virtuosity; not a collection of conventional short stories but a sequence of messages from the author to the reader - 'meant to be received all at once'.

Journal Entry 2 by winghippoleinwing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, June 08, 2012

reserved for Monopoly Turn 6 - LOST

So we left for the amusement park Linnanmäki in Helsinki to find the funhouse in there. Unfortunately all the names of the attractions in the park have a typical finnish name, that didn't mean anything to us. So we wandered lost through the park for quite some time to check out the different places and without finding the right place.

Journal Entry 3 by winghippoleinwing at Linnanmäki in Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, June 15, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (6/15/2012 UTC) at Linnanmäki in Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

We finally managed to find the right place and left the book there. The book can be found inside the funhouse where you have all different mirrors, on top of one yellow mirror. We just hope we'll find our way back out to be able to write down the release details...

Seems we did make it out, although that took some time too. This is now several hours later, hoping someone will catch the book and find a way to journal it without getting all lost on the road back or on the BookCrossing site.