corner corner Slipping Down Life

Slipping Down Life
by Anne Tyler | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingAnnimanniwing of Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 11/24/2009

status (set by Haugtussa): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingAnnimanniwing from Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, November 24, 2009

From the back:

"They were outsiders in love...

Neither of then really fitted into the narrow world of their small Southern town.

The girl's romantic dreams soared too high; the boy's burning ambition drove him too hard.

They were loners in a very special world of love just big enough for two...

Here is an unforgettable exploration of the human heart by a truly remarkable talent."

***

Bought at a charity shop. I love Anne Tyler!

Journal Entry 2 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, August 04, 2011

As I wrote before, I always Anne Tyler - and I liked this early work of hers, too. I love her style and her offbeat characters. This review sums up my feelings quite well:

This book is now off to lukutuoli as part of the Finnish forum wishlist tag game. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by winglukutuoliwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Thanks for this wishlist book and the cute fairy bookmark, which will take place between the pages of this book. Anne Tyler has always been one of my favourites!

Journal Entry 4 by winglukutuoliwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Sunday, January 20, 2013

This was OK, but for some reason I don't like these early works as much as the recent books by Tyler. Although this book is tiny, I waited for the story to end. Anyway, Tyler succeeded in describing the soul of teenagers - the utterly loneliness, the high ambitions, the chaos of feelings. The teens haven't changed since 70's, I suppose!

Journal Entry 5 by winglukutuoliwing at Surpise RABCK by post, Surprise Rabck -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, January 20, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (1/20/2013 UTC) at Surpise RABCK by post, Surprise Rabck -- Controlled Releases

I'll take part in the wish list challenge of MINKULA and post the book to someone who has it on the wish list. Enjoy!

KTMC 2013 # 7

Journal Entry 6 by wingHaugtussawing at Stavanger, Rogaland fylke Norway on Thursday, January 24, 2013

What a wonderful surprise!
A wishlist book, out of the blue. Thank you very much, I do look forward to this as I love Anne Tyler's work.

Journal Entry 7 by wingHaugtussawing at Stavanger, Rogaland fylke Norway on Monday, July 08, 2013

Yet another great book by Anne Tyler.
A strange relationship, and strange characters. Even so, you do get to like them.

The book will be released soon.

Journal Entry 8 by wingHaugtussawing at On a plane in KLM, -- Airports & Planes -- International Airspace on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Released 3 yrs ago (7/14/2013 UTC) at On a plane in KLM, -- Airports & Planes -- International Airspace

This book was dropped at the KLM flight from Venice to Amsterdam.
It was released at the cruising altitude of 12193 metres as part of the First Unofficial Bookcrossing Olympics - the book takes part in the event of High Jump.