corner corner Wishful Drinking

Wishful Drinking
by Carrie Fisher | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by angeeaustin of Pearland, Texas USA on Sunday, November 22, 2009

status (set by Firegirl): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by angeeaustin from Pearland, Texas USA on Sunday, November 22, 2009

ABOUT THE BOOK:

Finally, Carrie Fisher comes clean (well, sort of) with the crazy truth that is her life in her first-ever memoir.

Journal Entry 2 by angeeaustin at Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, November 22, 2009

Released 4 yrs ago (11/23/2009 UTC) at Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

I am adding this to Trekwoman's Never Been Crossed Bookbox.

Journal Entry 3 by wingethereawing from Little Rock, Arkansas USA on Wednesday, March 03, 2010

I took this one from the Never Been Crossed box. The title and cover just drew me in!

Journal Entry 4 by wingethereawing from Little Rock, Arkansas USA on Friday, April 16, 2010

Thanks, angeeaustin, for putting this in the bookbox. I'm a sucker for memoirs!
This was an enjoyable fast read.

Journal Entry 5 by wingethereawing at Book Box, Book Box -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, April 30, 2011

Released 3 yrs ago (4/30/2011 UTC) at Book Box, Book Box -- Controlled Releases

Sending to jennyc1230 for the virtual bookbox...

Journal Entry 6 by wingJennyC1230wing at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Caught today for the Virtual Biography/Auto-Biography/Humor Bookbox.

I'm going to read this one quickly and put back in the box!

Journal Entry 7 by wingJennyC1230wing at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Thursday, May 05, 2011

My Review: This was such a fun book! A really fast read, I enjoy reading funny stories by really sarcastic women and this is fabulous! I still remember being 6 and going to see Star Wars at the drive in. I thought Princess Leia was gorgeous and funny, and yes, I did dream of being a princess like her some day. My favorite gift at Christmas was the Barbie sized doll of Princess Leia. This book had a lot of humor and sass and was just fun to read.

Putting back into the bookbox: Virtual Biography/Auto-Biography/Humor Bookbox

Journal Entry 8 by wingJennyC1230wing at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Thursday, July 21, 2011

Sending to oliviapoolside from the Virtual Biography/Auto-Biography/Humor Bookbox Enjoy the books!

Journal Entry 9 by wingBooksandMusicwing at Seattle, Washington USA on Sunday, July 31, 2011

Thank you for sending this. I am looking forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 10 by wingBooksandMusicwing at Seattle, Washington USA on Thursday, February 27, 2014

The first date I ever went on with my husband was to see Star Wars. I always liked Princess Leia although Harrison Ford was my favorite. Princess Leia had a nice edge to her.
Carrie Fisher has that edge in spades. She is very funny and I laughed throughout her book although I laughed the hardest at the picture of her in the Abnormal Psychology textbook on the biology of bipolar disorder.
Kind of sad that much of Hollywood seems to have no concept of monogamy and the happiness and stability it can bring to a family. It could have belonged, possibly, to Eddie and Debbie, but Eddie was smitten with Elizabeth Taylor. I find Elizabeth Taylor unattractive and I thought that way before reading this book. Debbie Reynolds was super cute.
Is Eddie Fisher wearing a kippah in that wedding picture when he married Elizabeth Taylor? I know he is Jewish but the kippah kind of doesn't fit with his lifestyle.
Another thing I loved in this book was Carrie's chart of the family. Explained a lot. Anyway, enjoy this sarcastic and funny book.

Journal Entry 11 by wingBooksandMusicwing at Seattle, Washington USA on Monday, July 28, 2014

This book was selected by firegirl from the non-fic VBB.

Journal Entry 12 by wingBooksandMusicwing at Seattle, Washington USA on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Released 1 mo ago (7/28/2014 UTC) at Seattle, Washington USA

Selected by and mailed to a fellow bookcrosser.

Journal Entry 13 by wingFiregirlwing at Annandale, Virginia USA on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Arrived safe and sound. Thanks much!