corner corner Official Book Club Selection: A Memoir According to Kathy Griffin

Official Book Club Selection: A Memoir According to Kathy Griffin
by Kathy Griffin | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by silverstarry of Berkeley, California USA on Wednesday, November 18, 2009

status (set by silverstarry): permanent collection

Journal Entry 1 by silverstarry from Berkeley, California USA on Wednesday, November 18, 2009

This is one of the better books I've read in a recent string of fair to awful books I've read lately. I was never a huge Kathy Griffin fan, and honestly whenever I saw her on tv, she kind of annoyed me. My friend loves her though, so I thought I would give this a try. She is very honest and funny about her road to D-listdom (as opposed to stardom), and she is also very blunt about the other actors and celebrities she has encountered along the way. Most shocking? She slept with Jack Black! I don't know why that was so surprising to me since it makes sense that they knew each other and would have hooked up at some point but I guess I just keep picturing them in different spheres. I can't picture Sally (on Seinfeld) being in the same room as Barry (in High Fidelity).

She discusses her childhood, her secret eating addiction, and her growing suspicion of her oldest adored brother and how that created division within her family, as well as moving to Hollywood and working her ass off to get a break. Although I don't know if I would pay money to see her, I do admire her work ethic!