corner corner Death of a Nobody

Death of a Nobody
by Georges Simenon | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingLeishaCamdenwing of Alna bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on 11/16/2009

status (set by OsloS-OBCZ): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingLeishaCamdenwing from Alna bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Monday, November 16, 2009

A Penguin 60.

From the back cover:

'DEATH OF A NOBODY and THE MAN IN THE STREET

Two baffling investigations for Maigret on the boulevards of Paris

Georges Simenon's greatest creation was the French detective, Inspector Maiget. Simenon turned the police novel into an art form with his stories which deal as much with human psychology as with criminal investigation. Born in Belgium in 1903. Simenon published over 200 novels. He travelled a great deal, and at one time lived on a cutter. He died in 1989, having had a tremendous influence on the form of detective fiction. André Gide described him as 'the greatest novelist we have had this century'.

A tiny little paperback published by Penguin Books, on the occasion of their 60th 'birthday' in 1995. Not sure when the stories were published originally, but it looks like they were first published in 1981.

I bought this book at a flea market at Bolteløkka elementary school in Oslo on Saturday, November 7th, 2009.

Journal Entry 2 by wingLeishaCamdenwing from Alna bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Sunday, March 21, 2010

Journal Entry 3 by wingLeishaCamdenwing from Alna bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Sunday, March 21, 2010

I've read this book now, it was OK ... entertaining enough, but nothing really special IMO. It didn't make me say to myself, Wow, I've got to find more books by this guy. I may read more by him, I have nothing really negative to say, but it didn't grab me much either. Two pretty interesting stories, good to pass the time with. I'm not entirely impressed with the language, it felt slightly off to me, that may have been something to do with the translation. The dialogue wasn't quite what it could have been, I felt. But fine stories to pass the time and nothing much wrong with them. :-)

Journal Entry 4 by wingLeishaCamdenwing at OsloS-OBCZ in Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway on Sunday, March 21, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (3/21/2010 UTC) at OsloS-OBCZ in Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway

On the shelf this afternoon. :-)

Journal Entry 5 by wingOsloS-OBCZwing from Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway on Monday, March 22, 2010

Released in the zone. Thank you!! :-)