corner corner A Visit to Mark Twain's House: The Complete Live Radio Broadcast From Hartford Connecticut

Journal Entry 1 by DameEdna from Monroe Township (Middlesex County), New Jersey USA on Monday, November 16, 2009

Product Description
In a December 1990 live broadcast from the Mark Twain Memorial in Hartford, Connecticut, Keillor and company--Roy Blount, Jr., the Gregg Smith Quartet, and Pamela Warrick-Smith--celebrate the life and work of the great American author.

About the Author
Garrison Keillor is America's favorite storyteller. For more than 35 years as the host of A Prairie Home Companion, he has captivated millions of public radio listeners with his weekly "News from Lake Wobegon" monologues. Keillor is also the author of several books and a frequent contributor to national publications including Time, The New Yorker, and National Geographic, in addition to writing his own syndicated column. He has been awarded a National Humanities Medal from the National Endowment of the Humanities.

Garrison Keillor is America's favorite storyteller. For more than 30 years as the host of A Prairie Home Companion, he has captivated millions of public radio listeners with his weekly "News from Lake Wobegon" monologues. Keillor is also the author of several books and a frequent contributor to national publications including Time, The New Yorker, and National Geographic, in addition to writing his own syndicated column. He has been awarded a National Humanities Medal from the National Endowment of the Humanities.

Journal Entry 2 by DameEdna at paperbackswap.com release in -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, New Jersey USA on Sunday, January 31, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (1/31/2010 UTC) at paperbackswap.com release in -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, New Jersey USA

Audio Book Box.

Journal Entry 3 by LittleWhiteBird from Pasadena, California USA on Monday, March 15, 2010

Taken from sp4home's audio bookbox.

Journal Entry 4 by LittleWhiteBird from Pasadena, California USA on Tuesday, March 30, 2010

This wasn't as exciting as I had expected. Yes, we did get to hear some snippets of Mark Twain's humorous writings, but they didn't package it as interestingly as they could have. Maybe it was Garrison Kaillor's voice, he sounded kind of boring even when telling something funny and he sounded disinterested when he described something that was interesting to him. The fact that music doesn't sound very good on my cheap cassette player may have contributed to it as well.

They do point out some of the interesting things that happened while Mark Twain lived in the house, though, and describe some of the interesting items and furniture he had.

Journal Entry 5 by LittleWhiteBird at Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, April 08, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (4/8/2010 UTC) at Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

I'm putting this into MyssCyn's audio bookbox on tapes.

Journal Entry 6 by BigJohnLefty at Des Moines, Iowa USA on Thursday, June 23, 2011

Parts of this were real knee-slappers, like the dramatization from Huck Finn of the chapter "the Duke and the Dolphin". Having grown up near Twain's boyhood home of Hannibal, MO, I don't always think about the fact that he lived most of his life elsewhere. I never knew, for instance, that he wrote most of his major works in that home in Hartford, CT, where this show was set.
There were many other things about Twain I learned from this one, including his bad investments.

Will pass this one along soon.....

Journal Entry 7 by BigJohnLefty at Des Moines, Iowa USA on Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (6/28/2011 UTC) at Des Moines, Iowa USA

This is going to iwillrejoice as a RABCK, in the company of several other audiobooks on tape. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 8 by wingiwillrejoicewing at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Sunday, July 17, 2011

Photobucket Received this as part of a giant RABCK from BigJohnLefty. Thank you! I like Garrison Keilor, so I have high hopes for this one. :-)

Journal Entry 9 by wingiwillrejoicewing at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Saturday, August 06, 2011

I enjoyed this one. One of the songs is still going around in my head! I enjoyed the Americana & the story-telling. All-in-all, I give it a 7.

Thanks for sending it my way!

Journal Entry 10 by wingiwillrejoicewing at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, trades, Florida USA on Saturday, August 06, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (8/10/2011 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, trades, Florida USA

Released to a fellow BookMoocher in Ohio. Happy travels, little book!