corner corner Mr Toppit

Mr Toppit
by Charles Elton | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Curly-cat of Rugby, Warwickshire United Kingdom on 11/16/2009

status (set by Fleebo): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Curly-cat from Rugby, Warwickshire United Kingdom on Monday, November 16, 2009

A book with so much promise- and a lovely cover!- but I felt let down by it.
Don't listen to me though - my mum loved it! Even the ending!

Journal Entry 2 by jubby from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Monday, November 30, 2009

Received in the post today as an RABCK.

Thank you very, very much Curly-cat.

Journal Entry 3 by jubby at Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Curly-cat I really didn't think this book was all that bad.

I had added it to my wishlist after reading a review for it from Abbey's Bookshop (www.abbeys.com.au), and found the thought of a famous childrens author's son intriguing. Especially as I had read a few similar books (The broken book by Susan Johnson, and lately, The children's book by A.S. Byatt).

Sure, Elton is not in the same class as Byatt, but who is?
I found this a great read, and really enjoyed it at this point in time (heavily pregnant, and a wee bit distracted). It is making me want to move Christopher Milne's 'The enchanted places' up my tbr pile.

I entered this book in the 'Oz virtual book box', over on www.librarything.com, where TQD selected it. So, passing this one on.

Thank you again for your generosity Curly-Cat.

Journal Entry 4 by jubby at Marrickville, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (6/16/2010 UTC) at Marrickville, New South Wales Australia

Planning to drop this one off in TQD's letter box while in her neck of the woods this morning.

Happy reading TQD.

Journal Entry 5 by tqd at Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Turned up in the mailbox today, thanks Jubby! This does look rather intriguing.

Journal Entry 6 by Curly-cat at Rugby, Warwickshire United Kingdom on Thursday, June 17, 2010

Glad you liked it jubby. I think I expected a more fairy-tale ending given the cover: the dark finish took me by surprise and left me quite depressed!!

Journal Entry 7 by tqd at Crown Hotel, Elizabeth St in Sydney CBD, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (7/10/2012 UTC) at Crown Hotel, Elizabeth St in Sydney CBD, New South Wales Australia

This did look good, but I've been sitting on it for too long. Time to move it on to a better reader!

Happy hunting/reading!

Journal Entry 8 by Fleebo at Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Found at the Crown Hotel. Thanks!