corner corner Fit to Print: Inside the Canberra Press Gallery (Reportage (Sydney, Australia).)

by Margaret Simons | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by DrCris of Templestowe, Victoria Australia on 11/8/2009

status (set by DrCris): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by DrCris from Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Sunday, November 08, 2009

I have read about half this book, as it was my backup book in my desk at work. I quite enjoyed the story, and it is quite a slim volume. IT discusses some of the back stories behind big political news over the last decade or so. It also talks about the authors struggle with returning to work after having children. I can't see myself returning to this book, as I am having a reading go-slow at the moment.

Blurb:
Margaret Simons went to Canberra to subject the journalists to a journalist's eye. The result is a penetrating and personal story about a world both extraordinary and ordinary, where the barriers between the personal and the political shift and blur.

In both its form and content, this book is a call for a reinvigoration of journalism. It is at once a documentary account of the Canberra Press Gallery, the story of a personal journey through journalism, and a reminder that information will always be about power.