corner corner The Sex Lives of Cannibals: Adrift in the Equatorial Pacific

Journal Entry 1 by wingbookczukwing from Charleston, South Carolina USA on Wednesday, November 04, 2009

This guy is funny! I really enjoyed reading this and the author's style. I also was interested in reading about life on an atol, though I am not sure I would be a good candidate. For one thing, in my middle age, I find I enjoy such things as fairly reliable electricity, parasite free water and the idea of eating meals that don't potentially kill you from the itsy bitsy bacteria and critters that live in the flesh of whatever it is you've just consumed. Also, I'm big on sanitation in regards to confining the stuff that comes from one's bum to a location that doesn't mix with your drinking water. Silly me.

But, this guy had me laughing quite a bit. Enough so that I attracted the attention of my high school aged son and his friends. No, wait. Maybe that was the title of the book that did that.

Journal Entry 2 by wingbookczukwing at Charleston Farmer's Market - Marion Square in Charleston, South Carolina USA on Saturday, November 21, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (11/21/2009 UTC) at Charleston Farmer's Market - Marion Square in Charleston, South Carolina USA

Tree at fountain on King and Calhoun. Picture coming.
To the finder of this book:

Welcome to BookCrossing, a unique community of book lovers, sharing their libraries with the world. This book is now yours to read, enjoy, keep or pass on to another reader. The BookCrossing ID, which you entered in the "Enter a BCID" box on the website, is unique to this copy of this book. If you make a journal entry (either anonymously, or as a BookCrossing member) all previous readers of this actual book will be notified by email, and can follow the book as it travels. BookCrossing is free to join, completely confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address) and a heck of a lot of fun. Be on the lookout for other books left in the "Wild"!

PS And if you find yourself liking BookCrossing, Charleston has an active group of BookCrossers who meet monthly (second Sunday of the month) at various spots in the Tri-county area. Come join us! For more information, see our yahoo group here

Journal Entry 3 by V-Muse from Saint Marys, Georgia USA on Monday, November 23, 2009

I found the book at the Farmer's Market. I'm not sure why I was the one that found it; possibly because it was at eye-level to me. And actually, upon looking at the picture that was taken of the book, I believe the person bent over at the far left of the picture in the red shirt (click & zoom to see clearly) is actually myself (at least my husband and I think it might possibly be).

I was honestly surprised to find a book in a tree but I'm never one to turn down a new book to read, especially one that chose to give up it's days running free to come live in my purse until it's read. I believe it'll come in handy on our drive to New York (we're military) and hopefully there it will find a new friend to take it home.

The few pages of it that I've actually read (reading is a bit hard these days with a 3yo and a newborn but nonetheless possible) have been fantastic and just my kind of humor. I can hardly wait to hit the next chapter and see what else there is for me to devour.