corner corner My Sister's Keeper

My Sister's Keeper
by Jodi Picoult | Literature & Fiction
Registered by jennymidget of Bellbowrie, Queensland Australia on Thursday, October 29, 2009

status (set by AnonymousFinder): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by jennymidget from Bellbowrie, Queensland Australia on Thursday, October 29, 2009

Anna was genetically engineered to be a perfect match for her cancer-ridden older sister. Since birth, the 13-year-old has donated platelets, blood, her umbilical cord, and bone marrow as part of her family's struggle to lengthen Kate's life. Anna is now being considered as a kidney donor in a last-ditch attempt to save her 16-year-old sister. As this compelling story opens, Anna has hired a lawyer to represent her in a medical emancipation suit to allow her to have control over her own body. Picoult skillfully relates the ensuing drama from the points of view of the parents; Anna; Cambell, the self-absorbed lawyer; Julia, the court-appointed guardian ad litem; and Jesse, the troubled oldest child in the family. Everyone's quandary is explicated and each of the characters is fully developed.

Absolutely brilliant except for the terrible ending - which for me was a COMPLETE cop-out and ruined the book - would have gotten 10 for sure if not for that!

Journal Entry 2 by jennymidget at BookMooch, BookMooch -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, November 01, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (11/1/2009 UTC) at BookMooch, BookMooch -- Controlled Releases

Going up to NT via BookMooch

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Thursday, November 05, 2009

It will from now on live with me. Journey has ended.

CAUGHT IN KATHERINE NT AUSTRALIA