corner corner Mostly Cassette Audio Bookbox Packing List

Mostly Cassette Audio Bookbox Packing List
by Various | Journals
Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 10/20/2009

status (set by hyphen8): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Tuesday, October 20, 2009

This bookbox journal will be traveling soon with a mostly cassette audiobox. I'm not going to set a lot of rules for this, just these:

1. Please journal when you receive the box.

2. List what you're taking out and putting in. It doesn't have to be an exact exchange with the number of cassettes/discs matching, but try to be fair. For example, don't take all the CDs and replace with cassettes.

a. I'd like it if you'd list what you're taking out & putting in here but

b. Please make a note in the little pink journal book too - it's supposed to be a packing list.

c. If you'd like to write where you're from or any other notes in the journal, feel free.

d. Please do get your money's worth for the postage; take as many from the box as you wish
as long as the replacements pretty much even things out. :D
3. Journal to say the box & journal are on their way again, hopefully within a couple of weeks

4. Send by whatever method works for you: media mail is fine.

5. Please leave this journal in the box for next person.

Mailed to the first person Saturday 10/24. Media mail from here usually takes about 3 weeks; YMMV.

Current order: please check here before sending on the box, just in case there are additions/changes

jsmeltser (IA)
tostle (UT)
sp4home (KS)
tranq1 (FL)
NMReader (NM)
wamstreet (WA) - box is here!
(Note: sadly, wamstreet has passed away. The status of the box is unknown at this time. I will try to come up with a replacement box for the remaining people on the list.)
jcm (IL)
mikavr (NC)
imawinn2 (WI)
hyphen8 (HI)

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Thursday, October 22, 2009

Here are the 20 books in the box to start with:

A Season in Hell by Jack Higgins: abridged, 2 cassettes
Shock Wave by Clive Cussler: abridged, 4 cassettes
The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman: unabridged, 8 CDs
The Winds of Change by Martha Grimes: abridged, 4 cassettes
* Important note about Brilliance cassettes: you'll need a stereo with adjustable left/right controls or a bookcassette adapter to listen to these tapes - the left and right tracks are recorded separately so more info can fit on one tape.

Update: just 4 of the original 20 books are left in the box. Now *that's* the way to circulate the audiobooks! ;)

Journal Entry 3 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, October 24, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (10/24/2009 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Mailed to the first person in the ring today. Hope you find some things you like!

Journal Entry 4 by jsmeltser from Fort Madison, Iowa USA on Sunday, November 15, 2009

Arrived in yesterday's mail. The boxes for I Is For Innocent and The Last Detective are a little dented from the journey, but otherwise the box looks great. I'm PMing the next reader and will make my selections and get it travelling again ASAP.

Journal Entry 5 by jsmeltser at Audiobook Box, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Friday, November 20, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (11/23/2009 UTC) at Audiobook Box, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

I will be sending this on to the next person on the list Monday.
I am taking The Cider House Rules and The Last Detective. I am leaving:
Our Game-John LeCarre BCID:255-3970374 4 cassettes
Sue Grafton's A,B,C Mystery Collection BCID:752-6978020 6 cassettes

Delivery Confirmation 03092880000037049706

Thanks hyphen8!

Journal Entry 6 by tostle from Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Tuesday, December 01, 2009

The bookbox arrived! Thanks for sharing with me!
I am taking:
The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman: unabridged, 9 CDs
The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman: unabridged, 8 CDs
The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman: unabridged, 12 CDs
Bad Company by Jack Higgins: unabridged, 6 CDs
The Innocent Man, The Winds of Change, Shock Wave, The Patient, A Season in Hell, Congo, I is for Innocent, Sue Grafton's ABC, Omerta, Darkness, And Never Let Her Go, Bill Cosby

and replacing with:
Angels & Demons by Dan Brown 6 CD's
The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd 8 CD's
Nature Girl by Carl Hiaasen 4 CD's
Fury by Salman Rushdie 8 CD's
Life After Death by Deepak Chopra 8 CD's
The Probable Future, The Lost World, For Love Alone, The Charm School, First Things First, Three Fates, The Day of the Triffids, The Negotiator, Every Man a Tiger, Shipping News, Special Delivery

Journal Entry 7 by sp4home from Valley Center, Kansas USA on Monday, December 14, 2009

The box has arrived safe and sound. I will be making my selections very soon. I have sent a PM to tranq1 for the next shipping address, and I have received the address.

I am taking out: Les Miserables
I am putting in: Without Remorse, Flood Tide, Out of the Shadows, Jurassic Park, Redemption

Just for fun... three of the audio books in this bookbox had passed thru my hands before! lol, small world! They were: In the Heart of the Sea, Day of the Triffids, Shipping News.

Thank you hyphen8 for including me in this bookbox.

2009 Valley Center, Kansas, USA

Journal Entry 8 by sp4home at Valley Center, Kansas USA on Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Released 7 yrs ago (12/15/2009 UTC) at Valley Center, Kansas USA

This will be mailed out today. The USPS tracking #03081400000024561701 . Thank you for including me in this audio bookbox.

2009 Valley Center, Kansas, USA.

Journal Entry 9 by tranq1 from Tampa, Florida USA on Thursday, December 17, 2009

WOW! That was fast. 2 days and it is here with me.

Journal Entry 10 by tranq1 from Tampa, Florida USA on Monday, December 28, 2009

Leaving Home Art Buchwald 2 cassettes
First Words Various 4 cassettes
Fortress of Solitude Jonathan Lethem 11 cassettes
Definitely Above Average Garrison Keillor 2 cassettes

I will mail it later today.

Journal Entry 11 by tranq1 at Audiobook Box, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Monday, December 28, 2009

Released 7 yrs ago (12/28/2009 UTC) at Audiobook Box, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Send to NMReader Mailed 12/29/09.
Tracking number 0309 0330 0000 4731 6245

Journal Entry 12 by NMReader from Herndon, Virginia USA on Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sorry for the delay in journaling but I ma in the middle of a move. The box is with me in MD at the moment and I will try and make my choices and get mailed.

Journal Entry 13 by NMReader from Herndon, Virginia USA on Tuesday, February 02, 2010

I thought an update might be appreciated.

I have listened to:
Nature Girl by Carl Hiaasen 4 CD's has some damaged areas - might just need cleaning
Lucky Man Michael J Fox 5 CDs
(I have not journaled these CDs yet - I don't have internet at home yet but will bring BCID to work and do)

I will be adding Wicked by Gregory Macguire which is 14 or 16 CDs - has some damaged areas - might just need cleaning

I will probably take:
Fury by Salman Rushdie 8 CD's and maybe a cassette set or two from the box.

I hope to make decisions and get box in mail over weekend.

Feb 12: We have had quite the series of snowstorms and unfortunately I didn't get this mailed before they hit. I will try to get this ready to mail tonight and take to the PO in the morning. I still need to journal Lucky Man and Nature Girl also. Sorry limited internet access is makinig it hard to stay on top of my Bookcrossing entries.

Journal Entry 14 by NMReader from Herndon, Virginia USA on Monday, March 01, 2010

I have the box ready to mail.

I have put Fury back in and am keeping Lucky Man (I can't find the dust jacket for it).

I have added Wicked.

I hope to mail today after work.

Journal Entry 15 by NMReader at Herndon, Virginia USA on Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (3/1/2010 UTC) at Herndon, Virginia USA

I dropped at the PO on my way home.

Delivery Confirmation Number: 0309 3220 0001 8483 0661

Label/Receipt Number: 0309 3220 0001 8483 0661
Class: Package Services
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™
Status: Delivered

Your item was delivered at 11:52 AM on March 4, 2010 in PORT ORCHARD, WA 98367.

Journal Entry 16 by wamstreet from Port Orchard, Washington USA on Thursday, March 11, 2010

Box has arrived. Sorry I hadn't journaled it. I thought I had to journal each book and was waiting for the weekend...DUH! I will be moving it along as soon as I fiqure out who to send it to. Thanks....okay fiqured it out, can you tell it is my very first bookbox? :)

Journal Entry 17 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, August 01, 2010

Sadly, I learned that wamstreet passed away some time after she received this box. I have not been able to contact her family to ask if they've found the box or the journal, so I will try to start a replacement box at some time in the near future. My apologies to those still waiting for the box.

Edit: Here's the replacement box.