corner corner Time of Trial (The Laws of Magic V4)

Time of Trial (The Laws of Magic V4)
by Michael Pryor | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by KLL of Perth, Western Australia Australia on 10/16/2009

status (set by KLL): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by KLL from Perth, Western Australia Australia on Friday, October 16, 2009

Blurb:
The mysterious Beccaria Cage could be the cure for Aubrey’s condition: a way to reunite his body and soul. But could its usefulness hide something more sinister?

After Aubrey narrowly escapes the worst fate he can imagine, he realises that there is only one thing to do: he must confront his nemesis. With George and Caroline at his side, he travels to Holmland – the home of Dr Tremaine and the heart of hostile territory – only to face magical conundrums, near-death experiences, ghosts, brigands and enemies on their own ground.
Fisherberg is a city on a knife edge. Can Aubrey solve its mysteries before Dr Tremaine’s warmongering machinations tip the world into chaos?

From me:
I really loved the concept of this (NB: have not read others), and generally enjoyed reading this however I was also really disappointed by the ending . There didn't seem to be an proper climax to the book - there's a few little 'mini climaxes', but ultimately the ending seems to dribble out in a series of events. I also thought the writing wasn't *that* great - some of the dialogue seemed a bit wooden to me, and a lot of detail got glossed over at the end.

I haven't read the other books in this series, but thought this one stood alone.

Journal Entry 2 by KLL at Oxford Street in Leederville, Western Australia Australia on Sunday, March 28, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (3/27/2010 UTC) at Oxford Street in Leederville, Western Australia Australia

Released during the Leederville Festival on Oxford Street after the March Perth Bookcrossing Meetup.

Find more about the Perth Bookcrossing Meetup at: http://www.meetup.com/BookcrossingWA/