corner corner I Am the Messenger

I Am the Messenger
by Markus Zusak | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Moeshell of Richardson, Texas USA on Tuesday, October 13, 2009

status (set by grovalskii): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by Moeshell from Richardson, Texas USA on Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Really loved this book. What a wonderful world this would be if we all decided to become the messenger!! To good to pass on just yet. Want to read again. Keeping in PC for now.

Journal Entry 2 by Moeshell from Richardson, Texas USA on Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Thinking about setting this one out on a trip around the world for others to enjoy before I reread.

PM me or post on the forum

I list my bookrings at The Bookring Directory!

Few rules:
o Please post JE that you received the book, again with what you thought and last when you send off.
o No time limit, but please be considerate of the other participants. I understand life sometimes gets in the way. A PM or quick journal entry will be appreciated if you need longer than 2 months.
o Shipping order may change along the way due to new participants and shipping preferences.

Wendyv Australia- ship anywhere
Jujuks Portugal- Ship EU
Katrinat UK- ship EU
Jenetix UK- Ship anywhere
Carelaisa Canada- ship Canada/USA
ToXiCKiTTiKiSS USA- ship USA
Back to me:moeshell

Journal Entry 3 by Moeshell at By mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Released 6 yrs ago (4/15/2010 UTC) at By mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Beginning its journey... Happy travels little book. And I hope you inspire others to become part of the message.

Journal Entry 4 by wendyv from Blind Bight, Victoria Australia on Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Arrived today! Am looking forward to reading it....thank you for including me in the ring!

Journal Entry 5 by wendyv from Blind Bight, Victoria Australia on Thursday, April 22, 2010

I read this today..I loved it. I have read it before but hadn't realised until I started, but I am pleased I have read it again. Quite timely. I do agree that this book should be out there, spreading 'the message'. Having read The Book thief recently I was worried that this wouldn't stand up....it does....I love this book. I think it is one I would like for my permanent collection. Thank you so much for allowing me the opportinuty to be a part of this ring. I will seek this book out for my own shelf in the future.
(Oh to be Marcus Zusak!)

Journal Entry 6 by wendyv at Blind Bight, Victoria Australia on Friday, April 23, 2010

Released 6 yrs ago (4/23/2010 UTC) at Blind Bight, Victoria Australia

Will post this off tomorrow to the next person on the list...whose address I just found on rabck. Happy travels to a very special book!

Journal Entry 7 by Jujuks at Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Sunday, August 22, 2010

This book arrived last read and I've started reading it already. Thanks for sending it wendyv!

Journal Entry 8 by Jujuks at Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Thursday, September 16, 2010

I really enjoyed reading this book. I'm a sucker for endings like this and I really liked the last message Ed had to send.
I look forward to reading more books from this author.

Journal Entry 9 by Jujuks at Chelmsford, Essex United Kingdom on Thursday, September 16, 2010

Released 6 yrs ago (9/16/2010 UTC) at Chelmsford, Essex United Kingdom

On its way to the UK.

Journal Entry 10 by katrinat at Chelmsford, Essex United Kingdom on Monday, September 20, 2010

this was a nice surprise, had forgotten that i.d given my address for this. Got one book to read before it but shouldn't take long to get to

Journal Entry 11 by katrinat at Chelmsford, Essex United Kingdom on Monday, October 11, 2010

Fantastic book, I ended up bawling my eyes out even though nothing sad happened at the end. Definately going to buy myself a copy then try to Get everyone o know to read it. Will get the next address and post it off at the weekend.

Journal Entry 12 by katrinat at Chelmsford, Essex United Kingdom on Saturday, December 04, 2010

Just an update. I realised that I hadn't received an address for this book so I have sent another pm.

Journal Entry 13 by katrinat at Leigh-on-Sea, Essex United Kingdom on Sunday, June 14, 2015

I discovered this book on a shelf at my Mum's house. I'm really sorry to still have it, I must have put it to one side when i was waiting for the address and then completely forgotten I had it. Contacting Moeshell to see what she wants me to do with this book.

Journal Entry 14 by katrinat at Leigh-on-Sea, Essex United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Released 1 yr ago (8/26/2015 UTC) at Leigh-on-Sea, Essex United Kingdom

I'm sending this on as a RABCK, I absolutely love this book and hope that it is as well loved by its next readers.

Thanks for taking the time to journal this book. Bookcrossing aims to keep books moving and meeting to readers, firstly to spread the love of reading but also so books don't just aquire dust for years on end. I hope that you enjoy reading this book and when you have finished with it that you are able to pass it to a new reader or leave it somewhere for somebody new to discover.

Journal Entry 15 by wingAbi-Gibbywing at Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on Saturday, August 29, 2015

Book arrived safely today :) look forward to reading

Journal Entry 16 by wingAbi-Gibbywing at Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on Thursday, October 15, 2015

I very much enjoyed reading this book. It Deffinatly lives up to the book theif. Will now send it on as a SUPRISE RABCK

Journal Entry 17 by redfox5 at Sandhurst, Berkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Thank you for this surprise book! I've never heard of it before but it looks like something I would enjoy :)

Journal Entry 18 by redfox5 at Sandhurst, Berkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, February 04, 2016

I feel bad for not liking this book more. I felt like it was far more original than anything I've read lately and while I did like it, it didn't pull me in the way a good book does.

You know those books? The one that scream, TURN OFF THE TV, TURN OF THE PC...READ ME! This wasn't one of those.

However the characters are pretty awesome. I loved Ed and The Doorman and like I said the plot was good. And I think most people will really like this.

Journal Entry 19 by redfox5 at Australian Lit Sweep, Sweepstake Winner -- Controlled Releases on Friday, February 12, 2016

Released 9 mos ago (2/12/2016 UTC) at Australian Lit Sweep, Sweepstake Winner -- Controlled Releases

Happy Australian Day!

Journal Entry 20 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Friday, February 19, 2016

Thank you, redfox5, for sending me this book for the Australian Literature Sweepstakes. It arrived safely today :-)

Journal Entry 21 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Friday, February 19, 2016

Space reserved for my review.

Journal Entry 22 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Friday, March 18, 2016

This book will travel on as a ray, because I've received another copy.

Participants so far (March 18th, 2016 in reading order):
Icila (France, no preference stated) <---- book is here
Sedna5213 (Germany, ships intl.)
Projekt-X (UK, ships in Europe)
grovalskii (Germany, ships intl.)
Brookler (Canada, ships north America)
Valpete (USA, ships intl.)
rodespringbal (Belgium, ships in Europe)
lmarshall89 (UK, ships intl.)
alexiapapa (requested to be last)

Journal Entry 23 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Friday, March 18, 2016

Released 8 mos ago (3/19/2016 UTC) at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands

And off it goes, travelling together with the second 1st sentence book.
I hope it arrives safely an I look forward to reading your thoughts.

Happy BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 24 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Saturday, March 26, 2016

Safely arrived this morning with its fellow and the famous card that I love.
Thank you.

Journal Entry 25 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Monday, August 01, 2016

Sorry, I checked my TBR and this one is in a ring. I'll read it asap.

Journal Entry 26 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Thursday, August 11, 2016

I have mixed feelings about this peculiar book.
I like the way it's written and I liked Ed and the Doormat.
The ending was disappointing for me though, a few pages too long if you see what I mean.

In this time and place I fear a wrong message for some kids...

Journal Entry 27 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Released 3 mos ago (8/18/2016 UTC) at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France

On its way to Berlin, at last.

Journal Entry 28 by sedna5213 at Charlottenburg, Berlin Germany on Friday, August 26, 2016

The book arrived safely in Berlin. Thanks a lot for sending it over Icila! Looking forward to reading it.

Enjoyed the book a lot! Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 29 by sedna5213 at Tiergarten, Berlin Germany on Friday, September 23, 2016

Released 2 mos ago (9/23/2016 UTC) at Tiergarten, Berlin Germany

The book is on its way to the next reader.
Happy reading!

Journal Entry 30 by T_richardson_x at Abercynon, Wales United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Book has arrived safely-Thank you for the card, Sedna5213! I will get started as soon as I've finished my current read.

Journal Entry 31 by T_richardson_x at Book ring, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 01, 2016

Released 1 mo ago (11/1/2016 UTC) at Book ring, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

I really enjoyed reading this, thank you for hosting!

On it's way to Germany now :)

Journal Entry 32 by winggrovalskiiwing at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany on Monday, November 07, 2016

the book is with me now. I am currently reading a huge book (almost 1000 pages), so it will take me a couple of weeks before I get to this one...

Journal Entry 33 by winggrovalskiiwing at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany on Tuesday, December 06, 2016

Hm, strange little book. I'm not sure if I like it or not. It's written well, but at times I wondered what the story was trying to tell me.