corner corner Nebula Award Stories 17 (Nebula Award Stories)

Nebula Award Stories 17 (Nebula Award Stories)
by Joe Haldeman, editor | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by winglabmomnmwing of Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on 10/10/2009

status (set by jare): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winglabmomnmwing from Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on Saturday, October 10, 2009

I've had this for years but hadn't been back to re-read it until this summer....why have I been carting it around all this time?! Gibson's "Johnny Mnemonic" is in this collection, plus stories by Poul Anderson, Gardner Dozois, & some other big names, but I don't love any of the selections in this group. I actively dislike some of them, so am not keeping this around any more. Part of my antipathy comes becasue there is a list of the finalists in each category for 1981's awards & I DO like some of the stories that didn't win! Grrr.....But, I think Jare might be interested in the book, so will take it to the next MeetUp for him.

Journal Entry 2 by winglabmomnmwing at a meetup, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, October 10, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (10/10/2009 UTC) at a meetup, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Will give to Jare at MeetUp today. I hope he wants it!

Journal Entry 3 by jare from Hudson, Florida USA on Saturday, October 10, 2009

Thanks for sharing! Will let you know what I think when I get through the stories!

Journal Entry 4 by jare at Gibsonton, Florida USA on Sunday, November 18, 2012

This collection was hit or miss. "Johnny Mnemonic" was the only stand out story for me, others were ok, and some were just snooze worthy. I will find this book a new home soon!

Journal Entry 5 by jare at Westshore Mall in Tampa, Florida USA on Saturday, November 24, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (11/24/2012 UTC) at Westshore Mall in Tampa, Florida USA

Left in the parking garage on the west end of Macy's. Enjoy!