corner corner The Will and the Deed

The Will and the Deed
by Ellis Peters | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by chamonix44 of Almelo, Overijssel Netherlands on 10/3/2009

status (set by AnonymousFinder): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by chamonix44 from Almelo, Overijssel Netherlands on Saturday, October 03, 2009

I bought this book from a church book sale, especially for bookcrossing. I intend to read it first before I pass it on to someone else.

Reviews from "Library Thing"

Review 1
An interesting island-style mystery. When a group of people are going to the reading of a will they find themselves in a plane crash and lost in a small alpine village. The will is read and found to be disappointing on several levels and then one of the inheritors dies.

It's pretty predictable but fans of Agatha Christie murders would enjoy this one.

Review 2:
A musical mystery. Legendary diva Antonia Byrne has left some unpleasant surprises in her will. Her nearest and dearest are marooned in a tiny village at Christmas time, and feelings run high. (1960) Average - an okay mystery, but not terribly exciting or memorable.

Notes for release:
If you are the finder of this book it would be nice if you could leave a message here to say that you have it. Do not worry because I don't want the book back. It is yours to keep if you want it. i just want to know it is now in safe hands.

Hello and congratulations!
You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing --maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join. If you do choose to join, I hope you'll consider using me,
chamonix44 as your referring member.

Journal Entry 2 by chamonix44 from Almelo, Overijssel Netherlands on Friday, October 09, 2009

I enjoyed reading the book, but I found the last third of the book better than the rest of it. I didn't guess who the murderer was, and I had no ideas who it could be. On the back cover of the book it says that these people are marooned in a tiny snowbound mountain village for Christmas, so I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't really anything in the story about the village or about Christmas!! :( (I like Christmas stories). In one of the reviews in the entry before this one, it says that fans of Agatha Christie murders should enjoy this one. I guess it is a little bit like an Agatha Christie story. It was quite a nice read.

Journal Entry 3 by chamonix44 at Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa on Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (10/13/2009 UTC) at Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa

I am sending this book to the winner of LippyCow's September Sweepstake. Congratulations! I hope you enjoy the book.

This book is released in memory of Tânia Maia, (Snowshoee), 1982-2009.

Journal Entry 4 by klaradyn from Praha, Praha Czech Republic on Friday, November 13, 2009

Ha, what a coincidence! This book has arrived only a day after chamonix44 PM'ed me about its whereabouts :) Thanks so much for this one, I am familiar with the Brother Cadfael books by Ellis Peters, but I haven't read any of her other work. So I look forward to this one.

Journal Entry 5 by klaradyn from Praha, Praha Czech Republic on Tuesday, January 05, 2010

I agree with chamonix44. This one was quite a nice read, but not the best or most exciting mystery I've ever read.

Journal Entry 6 by klaradyn at McKenna & Scott, Main Rd, R'bosch in Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa on Monday, January 18, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (1/18/2010 UTC) at McKenna & Scott, Main Rd, R'bosch in Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa

In the magazine rack in the waiting area.

My book #2 for guinaveve's Keep Them Moving Challenge 2010.
My book #5 for the Mysteries/Thrillers release challenge.

Journal Entry 7 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Thursday, February 18, 2010

The book caught me... It was left at Mckenna and Scott Optometrists in Riverside Mall. I found it in our waiting room!!! SO EXCITING!!

CAUGHT IN RONDEBOSCH WESTERN CAPE SOUTH AFRICA