corner corner Out Of The Dust (Apple Signature Edition)

Out Of The Dust (Apple Signature Edition)
by Karen Hesse | Literature & Fiction
Registered by knitwit of Yardley, Pennsylvania USA on 10/2/2009

status (set by knitwit): permanent collection

Journal Entry 1 by knitwit from Yardley, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, October 02, 2009

Newbery Medalist from 1998. My contribution to round 6 of spacedog's Newbery Medal and Honor Bookring.

Here is the order:
elissamay
hyphen8
spacedog

Journal Entry 2 by elissamay from Brooklyn, New York USA on Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Thanks! This leg of spacedog's Newbery bookring got to me safe and sound this morning.

Journal Entry 3 by elissamay at Brooklyn, New York USA on Saturday, November 21, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (11/20/2009 UTC) at Brooklyn, New York USA

Mailed to hyphen8 for spacedog's Newbery book ring. Happy travels!

Journal Entry 4 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Received today with thanks...complete with a great bookmark!

I'll try to read this soon so I can get it moving again.

Journal Entry 5 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanks for sharing this book - even with the graphic descriptions ("chocolate milk"), I find it hard to imagine what it must have been like to live through that time. The horrific calamity that overtakes Billie Jo's family makes me shudder. Life can change so quickly; I guess it's a good reminder to be thankful for what we have.

Here's another copy of this book on my bookshelf, and here's a third.

I'll be sending this on its way soon with a new bookmark. :)

Journal Entry 6 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Monday, November 30, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (12/1/2009 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Going out to the next person in the ring via media mail, which usually takes about 3 weeks.

Released for my D for December release challenge.

Journal Entry 7 by spacedog from Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, December 19, 2009

got a few weeks ago. backlogged w/ books at the moment, but will hopefully get to it after the holidays!

Journal Entry 8 by spacedog at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, July 06, 2010

interesting account of the harsh life of america's dust bowl during the 30's. at first i thought i was really going to hate the free verse style, but it was appropriate to the setting and the story and made the book a quick read.

Journal Entry 9 by knitwit at Yardley, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, July 18, 2010

Arrived home on Friday. Thanks for seeing is along its journey everyone.