corner corner The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole Aged 13 3/4

The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole Aged 13 3/4
by Sue Townsend | Poetry
Registered by bettyspaghetty of Ede, Gelderland Netherlands on 9/29/2009

status (set by Miss_Sunshine): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by bettyspaghetty from Ede, Gelderland Netherlands on Tuesday, September 29, 2009

At thirteen years old, Adrian Mole has more than his fair share of problems - spots, ill-health, parents threatening to divorce, rejection of his poetry and much more - all recorded with brilliant humour in his diary.

I love this book, but need to clear up some space on my bookshelves.

Journal Entry 2 by bettyspaghetty at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Released 7 yrs ago (9/30/2009 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Will go to Annimanni as a part of the Holiday Gift Giving RABCK. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnnimanniwing from Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thank you so much, bettyspaghetty! And thanks also for the wonderful selection of postcards :) What a lovely surprise!

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, January 20, 2011

This was just as hilarious as I thought it would be :D I laughed out loud several times and had a smile on my face most of the time while reading it. I just don't understand why I haven't gotten around to reading it before! The characters are absolutely fabulous and the way Adrian writes is just perfect. Love love love the book and will probably try to find another copy to put on my PC shelf as this one is off to someone who has it on her wishlist.

Journal Entry 5 by wingAnnimanniwing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, January 20, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (1/20/2011 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Congratulations on winning the January Intl RABCK sweepstakes!

Journal Entry 6 by Moriquen at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Monday, January 24, 2011

Yeey, thank you so much for this wishlist book. After reading your comments I'm even much more eager to read it!! I'm sure I will really enjoy it. Thanks!

Journal Entry 7 by Moriquen at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Thursday, June 09, 2011

I only just finished the book and I must say that I'm not really that convinced by it. It was funny but quite tiring to read. Adrians constant ramblings don't really have any structure or a real story unfolding, so it is slightly more difficult to read. Adrian himself seems to be a typical teenager in many things, higly self-absorbed and contantly bussy with his image. Although I can't help but wondering that when it comes to his home-situation he 'underreacts' a little.

Journal Entry 8 by Moriquen at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Friday, June 17, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (6/17/2011 UTC) at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium

On its way to the winner of the INTL Sweepstake Rabck - May organised by AngelFrouk. I hope you'll enjoy it!

Journal Entry 9 by bloedengel at Turnhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Monday, June 20, 2011

It's a book I heard a lot about. Both my ex-boyfriend (oops) and my best friend used to be extremely positive about this when we were all in our teens :--) but somehow I never got around to reading it.
Thanks Moriquen, and also for the Tagatose-chocolate. I like the taste of that one !

Journal Entry 10 by bloedengel at Turnhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Monday, March 25, 2013

reserved for miss-sunshine

Journal Entry 11 by bloedengel at Turnhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Friday, July 26, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (7/24/2013 UTC) at Turnhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium

To be honest, I never really got into it. Perhapse it's just not my kind of read. It is travelling to an eager reader though :)

Journal Entry 12 by Miss_Sunshine at Sharm el Sheikh, Red Sea Governorate Egypt on Monday, August 19, 2013

Thank you Bloedengel - it arrived yesterday!!

Now i have the first one of the series i can start!!

Thanks again x

Journal Entry 13 by Miss_Sunshine at Hilton Sharks Bay in Sharm el Sheikh, Red Sea Governorate Egypt on Monday, June 15, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (6/15/2015 UTC) at Hilton Sharks Bay in Sharm el Sheikh, Red Sea Governorate Egypt

I really have no idea why i have never read this series before. Even though the books tell their age in the writing style i thoroughly enjoyed getting to know Adrian, his family and his friends. I especially liked Bert. This book has some really good characters in it. I look forward to reading the rest of the series. Thank you so much for sending this onto me.

I am leaving this book in the book shelf in Hilton Sharks Bay Resort, Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt for the next reader. I wonder where Adrian will end up next ....