corner corner So Many Books, So Little Time

So Many Books, So Little Time
by Sara Nelson | Nonfiction
Registered by wingjumpinginwing of Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on 9/28/2009

status (set by Tarya): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingjumpinginwing from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Monday, September 28, 2009

Hello Bookfinder!
Thanks for coming to the BookCrossing site. I hope you'll leave a journal entry to let us know that this book has been caught. You can do so anonymously or you can join BookCrossing and experience the fun of releasing books yourself.
Keep the book for as long as you want. If you read it, feel free to make a journal entry letting us know what you thought of it. When you're ready to let it go, please pass it on to someone else or release it into "the wild" and let us know that it's on the move again.

------------
Overall, I enjoyed this book. I haven't read all the books Sara Nelson talks about, and for the ones I have read, I didn't always agree with her opinion. I found the writing to be a little mean-spirited sometimes, but maybe that's just a part of being a reviewer--and Nelson was also quick to laugh at herself.

Journal Entry 2 by wingjumpinginwing at North Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Friday, April 23, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (4/22/2010 UTC) at North Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

Sent by surface mail as a surprise to a kind Bookcrosser who has this book on her wishlist.

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, June 11, 2010

What a wonderful surprise, thank you so much! Thanks also for the lovely selection of tea and the postcard, which I absolutely love :) You're a star, Susan!

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, December 26, 2012

I loved this and so I'm surprised by the many one-star ratings given to this book by people at Amazon. They complain about Nelson not writing enough about the books she reads and too much about her own life (they even complain about her not liking the right genres and not reaching her goal of reading exactly 52 books within the course of the book) - but the book's subtitle is 'A Year of Passionate Reading' for goodness sake! To me, at least, that says that it's about her reading life, not just about the books she reads. And I very much enjoyed reading about her life and her thoughts about the books she read and the thoughts the books brought about in relation to her life.

I've read many of the books Nelson writes about, have a few others in my TBR pile and am about to add several to my wishlist...

Thanks for sharing this, jumpingin! I'll share it with MiuM next :)

Journal Entry 5 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (1/2/2013 UTC) at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Happy reading and happy new year!

Journal Entry 6 by MiuM at Kaarina, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Friday, January 04, 2013

Thank you for this wishlist book! Happy new year!😃

Journal Entry 7 by MiuM at Kaarina, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Sunday, November 16, 2014

I read this book partially and I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. In my opinion too she could have talked more about the books. Also I hadn't read many of the books she did either. Maybe I just weren't in a right mood for the book.

Journal Entry 8 by MiuM at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Saturday, February 07, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (2/7/2015 UTC) at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland

The book was released at a bc-meet up in Turku, at Tiirikkala (http://www.tiirikkala.fi/)

Journal Entry 9 by Tarya at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, February 09, 2015

If a book has a title like this, how can anyone or at least any bookcrosser resist :D I grabbed the book at the BC meet-up in Turku two days ago. Thanks!