corner corner dead simple

dead simple
by Peter James | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, September 28, 2009

status (set by bookstogive): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, March 28, 2011

Four Bodies
One Suspect
No Trace

It was meant to be a harmless stag night prank. A few hours later four of his best friends are dead, and Michael Harrison has disappeared. With only three days to the wedding, Detective Superintendent Grace - a man haunted by the shadow of his own missing wife - is contacted by Michael's beautiful, distraught fiancee, Ashley Harper. Grace discovers that the one man who ought to know Michael Harrison's whereabouts is saying nothing. But then he has a lot to gain - more than anyone realizes.

For one man's disaster is another man's fortune ...

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, March 28, 2011

An absolute cracking read! Michael has been the victim of a stagnight prank which has gone terribly wrong & he's trapped not knowing whether he will live or die.DS Grace is searching for Michael & he knows that Mark, Michael's best man knows more than he is telling. But Mark has an agenda of his own...

To say too much would spoil the tale for future readers & it is well worth reading. All I will say is perhaps it's not a book for claustrophobics :o)

This is the first in the hugely enjoyable (IMHO!) Roy Grace series & is the second copy I've registered. This will probably be wild released or put in a bookbox so hopefully someone new can be introduced to this series that I love!

Journal Entry 3 by wingPlum-crazywing at By Mail, Virtual Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Friday, April 08, 2011

Released 3 yrs ago (4/8/2011 UTC) at By Mail, Virtual Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

On it's way to Keeta1 as one of her choices from the First Sentence Mystery/Thriller VBB
"So far, apart from just a couple of hitches, Plan A was working out fine."

Enjoy!!

On it's way faster than anticipated due to the fact that airmail wasn't much more than surface mail. Go figure...

Journal Entry 4 by wingkeeta1wing at Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on Friday, April 15, 2011

It did arrive really quickly!
Looks good and will be read soon, thanks so much.

Journal Entry 5 by wingkeeta1wing at Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on Thursday, April 26, 2012

Oh, look at that - a year (almost to the day) since I received this book! As Plum-crazy said, this is a cracking read. The first Peter James I've read, but I'll certainly look out for them in the future. Thanks Plum. Hubby has grabbed this to read now.

ETA - Actually I see I have read a Peter James before. Looking through the list, to add some to my wishlist, I see Sweet Heart, which I did read and enjoy, a while back!

Journal Entry 6 by wingkeeta1wing at By Post, By Post -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (5/15/2012 UTC) at By Post, By Post -- Controlled Releases

On it's way to bookstogive as a wishlist tag.

Journal Entry 7 by wingbookstogivewing at Springville, Tennessee USA on Friday, May 25, 2012

I received this great book today as part of the Wishlist Tag Game, thanks so much for tagging me! I am really looking forward to reading it and then passing it on. And only 1 week from NZ to the USA must be a record :)