corner corner Number Ten

Number Ten
by Sue Townsend | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 9/28/2009

status (set by MissMarkey): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Prime Minister Edward Clare and his wife Adele Floret-Clare live at Number 10 Downing Street. PC Jack Sprat is the policeman who stands outside on the door. Five years ago, Edward Clare was voted into Number 10 after a landslide election result. But now, things are starting to go wrong. The love has gone. The people are turning. In short, it's a very real problem. Edward worries about this. All he wants is for the people of Clare's Britain to like him, and for them to be happy. He enlists the help of Jack Sprat and together they travel round the country incognito, ending up at Jack's childhood home. His mother Norma lives in Leicester, and her address is Number 10 too, but that's where the similarity ends...

(ex-library book)

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing at BCUK Unconvention 2013 in Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (9/27/2013 UTC) at BCUK Unconvention 2013 in Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

To be released onto the buffet table at the BCUK Unconvention. If it's not picked up by a bookcrosser it will be released into the wild when we undertake our release walk......wherever you found it please let us know it's safe with you :o)

Journal Entry 3 by wingMissMarkeywing at Harwell, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Monday, September 30, 2013

Picked up at the Leeds Uncon. I like these satirical stories by Sue Townsend. I also picked up Queen Camilla by the same author. Thank you.