corner corner Haunted Houses of Harpers Ferry: Regional Ghost Stories

Haunted Houses of Harpers Ferry: Regional Ghost Stories
by Stephen Dorman Brown | History
Registered by wingKateKintailwing of Burke, Virginia USA on 10/14/2017

status (set by SqnutZips): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingKateKintailwing from Burke, Virginia USA on Saturday, October 14, 2017

Bought this at a library used book sale. I've been to Harpers Ferry several times. I went on a ghost tour there during one visit, so I was excited when I saw this book, suspecting to hear again about some of the interesting urban legends. And while one or two stories I'd heard did show up in the book, most of the stories take place in surrounding areas in Western Maryland and Northern Virginia as well. That was a little disappointing. The stories are short and some are interesting. There are even a few illustrations.

Journal Entry 2 by wingKateKintailwing from Burke, Virginia USA on Saturday, October 14, 2017

Journal Entry 3 by wingKateKintailwing from Burke, Virginia USA on Saturday, October 14, 2017

Journal Entry 4 by wingKateKintailwing at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Saturday, October 14, 2017

Released 1 mo ago (10/15/2017 UTC) at Alexandria, Virginia USA

Taking to a BCinDC meetup, in case someone wants it. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by wingSqnutZipswing at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Gotten at BCinDC Oct. meet-up. I'm sure I used to have a copy of this book that I purchased on a visit to Harper's Ferry years ago. Given the season, Halloween coming up soon, I will give it a re-read and release before Oct. 31.

Journal Entry 6 by wingSqnutZipswing at MOM's Organic Market in Rockville, Maryland USA on Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Released 1 mo ago (10/17/2017 UTC) at MOM's Organic Market in Rockville, Maryland USA

Releasing book at the Little Free Library which is located in the back dining area of MOM's grocery store.

Just in time for Halloween & the 2017 Spook-tacular October 2017 release challenge http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/23/545007
The Spook-tacular October 2017 Release Challenge hosted by AlterEgoZoe

To the person who finds this book.....
Keep it or release it, read it or not, but please make a journal entry to let me know it's been found. Keep it, pass it on to a friend or release it into the wild.... let the journey continue.....

If you are new to BookCrossing, welcome! You can remain anonymous or join BookCrossing it's free, spam free and loads of fun.