corner corner The Shortest Distance Between Two Women

The Shortest Distance Between Two Women
by Kris Radish | Literature & Fiction
Registered by kobie03 of Lewins Cove, Newfoundland and Labrador Canada on 9/22/2009

status (set by Icila): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by kobie03 from Lewins Cove, Newfoundland and Labrador Canada on Tuesday, September 22, 2009

To the lucky finder of this book...

Hello & Welcome to BookCrossing!
Not only have you found a free book but you've also found a spam-free community of booklovers who love to share their books not just with each other but with the world in general.

Please make a short journal entry to let us know the book is in safe hands & where you found it. This will keep it's unique history up to date & we can all follow it's travels around the bookloving world. When you've read it, feel free to pass it to someone else who'll enjoy it or why not leave it in a public spot for someone else to find...just like you did!
I hope you've enjoyed visiting us here at BookCrossing & if you do decide to join us, please consider using me, kobie03 , as the member who referred you- so that I'll know I'm spreading the BookCrossing word successfully!
Enjoy the book!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Shortest Distance Between Two Women:
Amazon Editorial Review:
Bestselling author Kris Radish takes the emotional measure of mothers, daughters, sisters, and friends in her wise and wonderful new novel of a woman unsure if she’s on the verge of a breakdown—or a breakthrough.…

After all these years is there any way you would see me again? When Emma Lauryn Gilford heard the voice on her answering machine, she thought, How dare he? She’s put a lot of distance between herself and Samuel, filling her life with work and family, lavishing her attention on her lovely nieces and a garden that’s the pride of Higgins, South Carolina. So why does his voice still have the power to make her heart skip? Why can’t she stop thinking about this man she’d forgotten so long ago?

Emma has always been the dependable daughter, the mediator of the controlled chaos always surrounding her high-strung sisters and her widowed mother, Higgins’s own senior citizen seductress. But with the annual Gilford family reunion just around the corner, at least two of her sisters approaching meltdown, and her favorite teenage niece taking sanctuary in her home, Emma’s concrete wall of self-denial is showing cracks. And on the other side is a life she can’t put off living a moment longer.

Journal Entry 2 by kobie03 from Lewins Cove, Newfoundland and Labrador Canada on Tuesday, September 22, 2009

An exaggerated look at sisters and their impact on one's life. Some of Emma's dilemmas are a little too dramatic for a 40 year old and at times teenager Stephie seemed wiser. light entertaining reading.

Journal Entry 3 by kobie03 from Lewins Cove, Newfoundland and Labrador Canada on Friday, November 06, 2009

This author is very popular so I'll post this as a Intl ray.

Nov 12. I'll leave this ray open and add to list of participants if anyone else signs up. I'm mailing this to kayjay33 to start it off. List of participants:

1.kayjay33 BC post Can/US on the way mailed on Nov 12/09
2.Maranlin. Ont. post anywhere
3.Jayebirck Texas post US,
4.MyssCyn Texas US shipping
5.mrsboknows SC US post
6.BethanieKay US post anywhere Mar 20/10 here
7.mafarrimond UK post EU
8.Icila France post anywhere

Journal Entry 4 by kobie03 at Lewins Cove, Newfoundland -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, November 12, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (11/12/2009 UTC) at Lewins Cove, Newfoundland -- Controlled Releases

mailed to kayjay33 to start bookray.

Journal Entry 5 by wingkayjay33wing from Langley, British Columbia Canada on Thursday, November 26, 2009

I was trying to decide what I should read next. This book arrived today and because it is a bookray it was easy to choose it. I always try not to keep them waiting. Thank you Kobie03. the Bookray has begun.

Journal Entry 6 by wingkayjay33wing from Langley, British Columbia Canada on Monday, November 30, 2009

I didn't like this book as well as the other two I read by this author.Her characters were all a bit too "over the top" and I didn't always like how mean they were to each other. I have four sisters and if they had treated me the way the sisters did in this book, I would be heartbroken. However it all seemed to work out okay with lots of good times and most of the problems solved.
I have the address for the next reader so will get it in the mail soon.

Journal Entry 7 by wingkayjay33wing at Langley, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (12/2/2009 UTC) at Langley, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

I mailed the book this morning in a special envelope so it should get there quite quickly.

Journal Entry 8 by wingMaranlinwing from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Monday, December 07, 2009

The book arrived today. I'm just finishing my current book, so will read this next. Thanks kayjay33 for sending it along and thank you to kobie03 for including me in this ray.

Journal Entry 9 by wingMaranlinwing from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, December 30, 2009

This is the first book I have read by this author. It was a bit quirky at times, but I like the humour which is injected into the story. The dynamics between the sisters was interesting, sort of a love-hate relationship at times, but I loved the kind of relationship Emma had with her niece, Stephie.

I am waiting to hear from Jayebirck for her address in order to send this book on it's journey.

Journal Entry 10 by wingMaranlinwing from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Jayebirck has not responded. Kobie03 advised me to contact the next person on the list. I now have the address for MyssCyn and will mail the book to her in the next couple of days.

Journal Entry 11 by wingMaranlinwing at Etobicoke, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (1/6/2010 UTC) at Etobicoke, Ontario Canada

Mailed today to MyssCyn. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 12 by MyssCyn from San Antonio, Texas USA on Tuesday, January 12, 2010

This arrived today and I hope to get to it by next week.
Thanks so much for including me in this ray.

Journal Entry 13 by MyssCyn at -- BOOKRAY, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (2/11/2010 UTC) at -- BOOKRAY, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

This was a wonderful read. It started out slow but picked up about half way through. Parts reminded me of my crazy family.
The end was a bit of a let down but I'll still read anything Kris Radish writes.
mrsboknows told me to take my time so I did. This will be mailed out to her tomorrow.

Journal Entry 14 by PalmettoBuckeye from Mount Pleasant, South Carolina USA on Thursday, February 18, 2010

Arrived today with some much needed address labels! Thank you very much, MyssCyn! I have one book ahead of this one.

Journal Entry 15 by PalmettoBuckeye from Mount Pleasant, South Carolina USA on Saturday, March 13, 2010

I have tried and tried to get into this book and it just isn't capturing me. I've decided that it isn't fair to those in line after me to continue hanging on to it while I try to get into the book. Thank you so much for sharing. I'll give this one another shot someday. . .I do love Radish's books.

I have next in line's address and it will have the book moving in the next few days.

Journal Entry 16 by PalmettoBuckeye at Euless, Texas USA on Saturday, March 13, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (3/13/2010 UTC) at Euless, Texas USA

Off to BethanieKay. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 17 by BethanieKay from Fort Worth, Texas USA on Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Received in the mail today ... yay! I've enjoyed all of Radish's other books, so look forward to this one. Just finishing up my current read, then will dig in ...

Journal Entry 18 by BethanieKay from Fort Worth, Texas USA on Saturday, March 20, 2010

Hmm, not sure how to review this book. I have enjoyed many of this author's other books, but this one was a real snooze-fest for me. I just didn't find the characters all that interesting and, with all Radish books - sometimes there are just too many characters, with not enough character development with some of them for me to actually care much about them. Oh well, I'm glad I read it anyway! Thanks for letting me join.

Have PMd the next in line for her addy.

Journal Entry 19 by BethanieKay at Postal Release, Mailed to another bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (3/23/2010 UTC) at Postal Release, Mailed to another bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Book is on its way across the pond to mafarrimond in the UK. Happy travels, little book!

Journal Entry 20 by mafarrimond from Hawarden, Wales United Kingdom on Friday, April 02, 2010

The book has arrived safely. I will read it as soon as I can.

Journal Entry 21 by mafarrimond from Hawarden, Wales United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Kris Radish is new to me. I enjoyed the read - perfect for a quiet weekend.

Journal Entry 22 by wingIcilawing from Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Monday, May 03, 2010

Thanks to mafarrimond who mailed it to me along with another bookring.

Journal Entry 23 by wingIcilawing from Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Sorry but I gave up in the middle of the book.
Being a single child who's mother died when I was 22 is perhaps the reason why I didn't see the point of all that family issues.

Thanks anyway for sharing.

Journal Entry 24 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Friday, July 09, 2010

On its way to Qatar.