corner corner The Lady in the Lake

The Lady in the Lake
by Raymond Chandler | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by winggrubsneergwing of Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on 12/7/2009

status (set by grubsneerg): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winggrubsneergwing from Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, December 07, 2009

Purchased at the Newman Used Book Sale held in September 2009 in Indiana, Pa.

One of this book's previous owner's must have read it for a book club or a literature or writing class because there are notes in the margins and brackets around paragraphs.

Journal Entry 2 by winggrubsneergwing at Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, February 28, 2016

Although this is my first Raymond Chandler book, I remember Humphrey Bogart playing the main character, Philip Marlowe, in "The Big Sleep," so my imagination cast him in the same role. I had a little trouble getting used to the "hard-boiled detective novel" slang, but I enjoyed the story, the colorful characters, and the wonderfully detailed descriptions of 1940s Los Angeles.

Journal Entry 3 by winggrubsneergwing at Little Free Library #1670, Twin Lakes Expansion in Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, February 28, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (2/28/2016 UTC) at Little Free Library #1670, Twin Lakes Expansion in Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA

Left in the Little Free Library around 4 p.m.

Congratulations--you caught a book!

Take your time reading the book, and after you finish, please make a journal entry to record your thoughts about it. This book is now yours, and you can keep it if you choose, though we would love for you to share it. If you pass it along, please make a release note to let others know where you left it.