corner corner Innocent traitor

Innocent traitor
by Alison Weir | Literature & Fiction
Registered by redfox5 of Sandhurst, Berkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 08, 2009

status (set by Bkind2books): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by redfox5 from Sandhurst, Berkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Picked up in a chairty shop. Just something to help with my current Tudors obsession.

Journal Entry 2 by redfox5 from Sandhurst, Berkshire United Kingdom on Friday, October 16, 2009

Really good read. Poor Lady Jane. Did give me my Tudors fix! I'm obsessed! Good timing in finishing this book, as a sweepstake has just closed and the winer loves Tudor Historical Fiction also :) It would be intresting to read a book that sheds more light on the life of her sisters, Katherine and Mary. Another book I read about the Grey family had a much more loving attitude towards Mary and made Katherine to be somewhat of a slut. This book is very different about them. Only troublke with historal fiction as we will never know which one is correct *le sigh*

Journal Entry 3 by redfox5 at International RABCK Sweepstake October, Sweepstake Winner -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Released 4 yrs ago (10/21/2009 UTC) at International RABCK Sweepstake October, Sweepstake Winner -- Controlled Releases

Sent this to nediamnori87 this morning but have just read on the forum now that someone beat me to it. eeek Sorry for the second copy :(

Journal Entry 4 by nediamnori87 from St Andrews, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, October 22, 2009

I love Alison Wier's The Lady Elizabeth so it will be interesting to read her take on the life of Lady Jane Grey. Thank you very much for the book I'm looking forward to reading it!

Hope you enjoy your book

p.s. Don't worry about the second copy I'll journal both once I've read it and then pass them on. I think I know just the reader too!

Journal Entry 5 by nediamnori87 from St Andrews, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, November 02, 2009

*SPOILERS*

Alison Weir for me is one of the masters of historical fiction. I love the changes in viewpoint that move the story along showing the most important parts at the time. I know quite a bit about Lady Jane Grey's later life however I know little about her childhood so it was really interesting to read about that. I particularly enjoyed reading about Elizabeth from a supposed different point of view. You have to applaud Lady Jane for her courage and not taking the easiest route rather following her religious viewpoint to the end even if it resulted in her execution. To an extent I feel sorry for Mary I as it must have been very difficult to make the decision and you do feel through Weir's writing that the decision was not taken lightly.

Again though you get to see how difficult it was to be a child or a young woman in Tudor times being used as a pawn for your parental advantage. I actually found myself wanting to scream at the book in parts that these people should just leave well alone and be happy with their lot. However many of the books that you read in these precarious times of religious upheaval you see people flipping sides and changing solely to their advantage. It was nice to see that Jane Grey remained constant in her allegience to her religion and not wanting advancement.

Thank you very much again for sending the book to me I very much enjoyed it.

Journal Entry 6 by nediamnori87 at St Andrews, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, November 16, 2009

Released 4 yrs ago (11/16/2009 UTC) at St Andrews, Scotland United Kingdom

Posted to fulfil a wish I hope you enjoy it!

Journal Entry 7 by wingbookstogivewing from Springville, Tennessee USA on Saturday, December 26, 2009

Received this great book today in the mail, thanks so much for sending it to me!

Journal Entry 8 by wingbookstogivewing from Springville, Tennessee USA on Friday, January 08, 2010

I really love reading about this time in history and this book was no exception! Thanks for sending it to me I really enjoyed it and it is now ready for a new reader!

Journal Entry 9 by wingbookstogivewing at = Book Box in -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Friday, May 28, 2010

Released 4 yrs ago (5/28/2010 UTC) at = Book Box in -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Released into Flossie771's Shrinking Bookbox, I hope it finds a new home!

To the finder of this book:
Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing --maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free!)

Journal Entry 10 by wingBkind2bookswing at Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Sunday, June 06, 2010

From Flossie's Shrinking Bookbox

I have been interested in this period of England's history. There was so much intrigue going on behind the scenes. Lady Jane Grey has always seemed such a tragic figure. I look forward to reading this novel.