corner corner Tim

Tim
by Colleen McCullough | Literature & Fiction
Registered by glenystasmania of Richmond, Tasmania Australia on 9/8/2009

status (set by -tiinanen-): available

Journal Entry 1 by glenystasmania from Richmond, Tasmania Australia on Tuesday, September 08, 2009

I loved the book, and loved the movie......one of the first roles for Mel Gibson....

Journal Entry 2 by glenystasmania at Hyrynsalmi, Kainuu / Kajanaland Finland on Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (9/8/2009 UTC) at Hyrynsalmi, Kainuu / Kajanaland Finland

Hope you enjoy this book, cheers glenys

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnnimanniwing from Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Many thanks for the book and the bookmark!

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, January 05, 2011

What a pleasant surprise this book was! I hadn't seen the movie and didn't know the story at all so didn't really know what to expect. And the cover made me a bit hesitant to grab the book in the first place, to be honest, because it looks like the cover of an old-fashioned romance novel :) But how wrong I was!

This was a lovely, gentle, sad yet happy story and I loved every word of it. I admit that at times I felt a bit awkward about Tim and Mary's relationship but I suppose that's only human. McCullough manages to create an unconventional, but oh so beautiful a love story with strong, multidimensional characters. A little gem of a book, truly. Thank you so much for sharing it with me, Glenys!

I was going to wild release this, but have second thoughts about that now :) I'll take this to the Helsinki region meetup tomorrow to see if I can find a new reader for it there.

***

Reduce Mount TBR Challenge 2011

Keep Them Moving 2011 Release Challenge

Journal Entry 5 by MINKULA at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, January 06, 2011

I took it for making my bad English a bit better.

Journal Entry 6 by MINKULA at to another bookcrosser, By Post -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (5/17/2011 UTC) at to another bookcrosser, By Post -- Controlled Releases

I got this book in Finnish:

So, I send this one to the winner of the month. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 7 by -tiinanen- at Lahti, Päijät-Häme / Päijänne-Tavastland Finland on Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Unbelievable that the book has travelled all the way from Australia! I don't know if I have the patience to read in English, but we'll see. Thanks! :)