corner corner Istanbul: Memories of a City

by Orhan Pamuk | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by LeighBCD on 9/6/2009

status (set by LeighBCD): available

Journal Entry 1 by LeighBCD on Sunday, September 06, 2009

I read this book while I spent a long weekend in Istanbul. A wonderful memoir of the city and its people. Istanbul is no longer falling to pieces the way it did when Pamuk was a child, its renaissance is poignant in the light of what has gone before.

To the Finder of this Book-

Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing --maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (it's free!). Feel free to read and keep this book, or to pass it on to a friend or even set it free "in the wild" for someone else to find as you did. If you do choose to join and journal, then you can watch the book as it travels - you'll be alerted by email each time someone makes another journal entry. It's all confidential (you're known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your email address), free, and spam-free. Happy reading!