corner corner Snowglobe 7 (Doctor Who)

Snowglobe 7 (Doctor Who)
by Mike Tucker, Georgia Moffett | Audiobooks
Registered by wingtoshokaninwing of Dresden, Sachsen Germany on Monday, August 31, 2009

status (set by delfinnetti): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingtoshokaninwing from Dresden, Sachsen Germany on Monday, August 31, 2009

Earth, 2099. Global warming is devastating the climate. The polar ice caps are melting. In a desperate attempt at preservation, the governments of the world have removed vast sections of the Arctic and Antarctic and set them inside huge domes across the world. The Doctor and Martha arrive in Snowglobe 7 in the Middle East, hoping for peace and relaxation. But they soon discover that it's not only ice and snow that has been preserved beneath the Dome. While Martha struggles to help with an infection sweeping through the Dome, the Doctor discovers an alien threat that has lain hidden since the last ice age. A threat that is starting to thaw. Featuring the Doctor and Martha as played by David Tennant and Freema Agyeman in the hit series from BBC Television.

Journal Entry 2 by wingtoshokaninwing at Dresden, Sachsen Germany on Wednesday, February 16, 2011

This is Part V of toshokanin’s Doctor-Who-BookSpiral.

This story made me think about the state of our world at some points. It is rather action packed and the aliens are pretty disgusting things. It is also one of those stories were there are quite a few casualties. Sometimes I wonder a bit what the British think are suitable stories for their children. I have the impression the Germans are bit more protective in that respect. Whether this is good or bad or just different I don't know.

Participants are:
1) DieHenkerin
2) SaschaBWk
3) Schneefee
4) RikkiDD
5) delfinnetti

Journal Entry 3 by wingtoshokaninwing at Dresden, Sachsen Germany on Thursday, July 28, 2011

Released 3 yrs ago (7/28/2011 UTC) at Dresden, Sachsen Germany

Bitte daran denken "Snowglobe 7" erst dann an den nächsten Leser zu schicken, wenn "The story of Martha" zum übernächsten Leser weitergewandert ist.

Journal Entry 4 by wingDieHenkerinwing at Hohenhameln, Niedersachsen Germany on Friday, July 29, 2011

Wohlbehalten in Soßmar angekommen. :) Vielen Dank!!

31.07.2011: I liked this story, even though I can't stand spiders at all. 12's version of 'bigger in the inside' made me laugh (which really hurts at the moment due to the removal of my wisdom teeth on the left): Senses indicate that internal volume of this space is not consistant with its external dimensions.

Journal Entry 5 by wingDieHenkerinwing at Hohenhameln, Niedersachsen Germany on Sunday, July 31, 2011

Released 2 yrs ago (8/1/2011 UTC) at Hohenhameln, Niedersachsen Germany

The Doctor and Martha are now on the way to SaschaBWk

Journal Entry 6 by SaschaBWk at Hamburg - Barmbek, Hamburg Germany on Thursday, August 04, 2011

Das Hörbuch ist schon gestern angekommen.

Journal Entry 7 by SaschaBWk at Hamburg - Barmbek, Hamburg Germany on Saturday, August 20, 2011

Great story. I especially liked the interaction between the Doctor and 12. And the monster was scary,the atmosphere fitting and the different characters interesting. I seem to like stories with the Doctor and lots of ice and snow.

As soon as I have the next address the spiral will move on.

Journal Entry 8 by Schneefee at Dortmund, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Wednesday, September 28, 2011

well well... I've got to de-11 me first before I can start again with 10 + Martha.
But since there'll be the last episode of series 6 on saturday *sob* I think I will be able to start this audiobook soon.

Journal Entry 9 by Schneefee at Dortmund, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Thursday, October 20, 2011

is there anyone else totally dissatisfied with SPOILERS "The Wedding of River Song"??? Very weak finish of a series raising high expectations (maybe that's the problem). Well... I hope to see more of the Silence next year, or it would be quite disappointing. Since I still think the best of Steven Moffat, I'm quite sure it will finally turn out as I want it to be.

BUT!

Enough of 11 (love him, though), ist was quite hard to concentrate on 10 and Martha with all that Silence still in my head. I think I'll have to reactivate my Tennant-Wallpaper (looks like Tardis on Teletubby-Planet, haha) to stay focused.
The story was great, and I was a bit reminded of my "co-worker" Thekla, wo appears every year in the office as soon as the weather's getting cold ;-)

10th Doctor with Martha Smith

Utopia
The Sound of Drums
The Story of Martha
The Last of the Time Lords

Journal Entry 10 by wingRikkiDDwing at Dresden, Sachsen Germany on Wednesday, June 06, 2012

TARDIS arrived safe and sound

Journal Entry 11 by wingRikkiDDwing at Dresden, Sachsen Germany on Saturday, January 12, 2013

I'm sorry that it took me so long to listen to this wonderful audiobook.
As soon as I started to listen to the series again the "addiction" to it is on its high again.

Journal Entry 12 by wingRikkiDDwing at Dresden, Sachsen Germany on Friday, January 18, 2013

Released 1 yr ago (1/16/2013 UTC) at Dresden, Sachsen Germany

Have fun

Journal Entry 13 by wingdelfinnettiwing at Siegen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Saturday, January 26, 2013

Ist schon vor zwei Tagen hier eingetroffen. Vielen lieben Dank für die Hilfe in meiner Doctor-Cold Turkey Phase... Ich hoffe die DVD-Gesamtpackung mit der 7. Staffel kommt bald!!!
Martha wird gleich beim Kochen als erstes gehört. Der Rest muss sich ein wenig gedulden (bis zum nächsten Wochenende). Ich habe für dieses Wochenende denn Abschlussband vom Rad der Zeit..... Kein Hören sondern Lesen in jeder freien Minute.

Edit 11.02.2013:
This was a great Doctor Story! I loved it - especially the "Do you fancy a mamoth steak for dinner?" end :-) Very suspenceful even if the end was a bit deus ex machina - the engine of the spaceship still working after all that time and a crash... and WHY can´t they take 12? Pretty please with a cherry on top?

Journal Entry 14 by wingdelfinnettiwing at Siegen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Released 1 yr ago (2/20/2013 UTC) at Siegen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

Die Hörbücher sind seit heute auf dem Weg zu DieHenkerin. Vielen Dank fürs Verringen! Allen weiteren Teilnehmern viel Spaß beim Hören!

Journal Entry 15 by wingDieHenkerinwing at Hohenhameln, Niedersachsen Germany on Sunday, March 03, 2013

Dieses Hörbuch ist letzte Woche mit 5 anderen Doctor Who-Hörbüchern (wieder )bei mir eingetrudelt. Da aber noch eine Prüfung ansteht, müssen sich die Hörbücher noch etwas gedulden...

Journal Entry 16 by wingDieHenkerinwing at Hohenhameln, Niedersachsen Germany on Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Released 2 mos ago (4/30/2014 UTC) at Hohenhameln, Niedersachsen Germany

Reist mit der Schneckenpost weiter...

Journal Entry 17 by wingdelfinnettiwing at Siegen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Saturday, May 03, 2014

This Doctor Who audiobook(s) arrived together with several others. I allready know this one - I´ll sort through them all and see where they are supposed to go next...