corner corner The Animal Family

The Animal Family
by Randall Jarrell, Maurice Sendak | Children's Books
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, August 29, 2009

status (set by AnonymousFinder): available

Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, August 29, 2009

I found this unusual hardcover at the Book Cellar. Illustrated by Maurice Sendak in a lovely, naturalistic style, it's a fable about a hunter and a mermaid who manage to form a family. There are some offbeat and charming (and occasionally poignant) bits here - a delightful surprise! [Anyone who's ever had the family cat present them proudly with dead mice will empathize when our odd couple has an eager young lynx presenting them with rabbits. Quirky and satisfying.

[I also enjoyed Jarrell's The Bat-Poet.]

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Horseman Diner in Sleepy Hollow, New York USA on Sunday, November 15, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (11/15/2009 UTC) at Horseman Diner in Sleepy Hollow, New York USA

I left this book on a bench in front of the Horseman Diner at about 1:30 on this beautiful afternoon, after having a very tasty omelet for lunch. Hope the finder enjoys the book!

Journal Entry 3 by loriandfredi from Sleepy Hollow, New York USA on Sunday, November 15, 2009

We found it today on the bench after breakfast at the Horseman Diner in Sleepy Hollow, New York, hometown of Washington Irving who wrote the Legend of Sleepy Hollow. What a nice surprise! We are going to bring the book to Switzerland in a couple of weeks to release it there. Almost finished reading it; it is a lovely book so far.

Journal Entry 4 by loriandfredi at Glarus, Glarus Switzerland on Friday, November 27, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (11/27/2009 UTC) at Glarus, Glarus Switzerland

We are giving this book to my husband's parents for them to release it into the wild in their small town in the Linthal Valley.

Journal Entry 5 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Saturday, January 30, 2010

geschrieben via www.bookcrossers.de

Dieses unterhaltsame Buch geht nun weiter hier in Ennenda GL (Switzerland)

CAUGHT IN NEW YORK NEW YORK USA