corner corner Minus Nine To One: The Diary Of An Honest Mum

Minus Nine To One: The Diary Of An Honest Mum
by Jools Oliver | Parenting & Families
Registered by AliceF of Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom on 10/30/2009

status (set by Safrolistics): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by AliceF from Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom on Friday, October 30, 2009

Gratefully received in a bag of books from a fellow Freecycler.

Being pregnant for the first time changed Jools Oliver’s life. Having longed for children since before she can remember, she was suddenly faced with an array of unfamiliar, unexpected and sometimes downright embarrassing emotional and physical reactions. And when Poppy (and a year later Daisy) was born she had to learn a whole new set of skills. From trying to conceive and a first positive pregnancy test to Poppy’s first birthday, Minus Nine To One takes you through the worries, surprises, excitement, miracles and sheer bloody hard work that Jools – and all new mums in their own different ways – have to cope with along the way. As Jools writes, ‘This certainly isn’t meant to be read as a guidebook, or a medical reference book – it is simply my story and I hope that you can relate to it in some way (and maybe even relax with it in the bath!).' Down to earth, personal and very, very funny, this is the book no aspiring mother will want to be without.

Journal Entry 2 by Safrolistics from Newbiggin-By-The-Sea, Northumberland United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Thanks for this one Alice.

Journal Entry 3 by Safrolistics from Newbiggin-By-The-Sea, Northumberland United Kingdom on Friday, March 19, 2010

Jools seemed overly worried about everything about pregnancy, and rather strict about feeding/sleep times, but it made a nice change for a pregnancy book to actually follow up and say what actually having the child is like.

Journal Entry 4 by Safrolistics at controlled release, My Mother -- Controlled Releases on Friday, March 19, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (3/19/2010 UTC) at controlled release, My Mother -- Controlled Releases

Passing this onto my Mum next time I see her.

Journal Entry 5 by Safrolistics at Passed on to a book sale in aid of RNLI in Newbiggin-By-The-Sea, Northumberland United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (7/6/2010 UTC) at Passed on to a book sale in aid of RNLI in Newbiggin-By-The-Sea, Northumberland United Kingdom

Going to a book sale in aid of RNLI